Big meeting: Skywest, ASA/XJet, Alpa, SAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Task,task,
Touch sensitive? Don't worry, study real hard, save some money, train real hard and you can finally join the big league, as a pilot..
Companies will only pay desk Jockies to play World of Warcraft and surf eBay and Craigslist for so long, then they realize the ratio of cash vs value received.
My authority is final, if I decide to start a flight or not is solely mine, you can decide all you want, but it won't make the plane fly unless I say so. You are just a cog, an actual convenience, and exist only because of regulatory necessisity. Keep saving up for that '92 Jetta, you will love it! Now get back to that keyboard and freshen up those releases....
You guys do have your own forum:
http://forums.flightinfo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44
I realize you have a mancrush on pilots, it's ok, in fact understandable given your circumstances.
Don't give up hope

umm uh... wow... I've been at ASA 13 years.... and the judgement and comments stated above are frightening. Who the fvck talks like that? Are you 12?

PBR.....That was a vicious and demonstrably out of control tirade.

Gotta tell ya...... Not good fella....

You do realize you have to meet Part 67 requirements for mental stability?

Any Captain who popped off like that at work would probably find himself removed from flight status pending evaluation.

Seriously, get some help man .

What part of the bold print is untrue? While you may not like the delivery, every word is true, its called the PIC responsibility. If I as PIC am not satisfied that everything, W&B, fuel on board, MX status and many other details aren't satisfactory the A/C will not push, that is the essence of PIC. That moron comes on here baiting forum posters with his inflated sense of himself, in fact look at some of his contemporaries sig lines, "saving pilots from their egos since 1938" as Walter Sobachek likes to have on the bottom of his posts. If you as PIC don't have the attitude of the bold print, it is in fact you who need to have your fitness for duty reviewed.

Last edited:

Any Captain who popped off like that at work would probably find himself removed from flight status pending evaluation.

Thank You, Thank You,
I will be here for the next 6 days, benefits of being a pilot, enjoy working 5 on, 2 off, desk pogue!

Here ya go:
http://www.virtualpilot3d.com/
enjoy

Sorry girls but I'm with PBR on this. Dispatchers think they have as much responsibility as the but it's not even close! All they have a say in is flight planning and that's all computer generated but subject to change by the PIC. Simply put dispatchers are useless.

Sorry girls but I'm with PBR on this. Dispatchers think they have as much responsibility as the but it's not even close! All they have a say in is flight planning and that's all computer generated but subject to change by the PIC. Simply put dispatchers are useless.

'Bird,
It's like saying the guy who works at the ammunition factory has the same responsibility as the guy who is on the trigger.
Not even close, but if it helps them get out of bed 5 days a week, I say let them have their delusion, on their own forum.

Maybe if we didn't have so many female captains and other unqualified pilots calling dispatch on the radio asking stuff like "what do you want us to do?" and "what should our bingo fuel be?", the dispatchers wouldn't get the silly idea that they have control.

Maybe if we didn't have so many female captains and other unqualified pilots calling dispatch on the radio asking stuff like "what do you want us to do?" and "what should our bingo fuel be?", the dispatchers wouldn't get the silly idea that they have control.
Ding!
We don't work for them it's the other way round! If their responsibility is the same, why isn't their pay? Oh, I get it, it's their love of the industry.
Gimme a break

Latest resources

Back