Big cabin airplane impressions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HMR said:
Legacy captains will gladly work for $50K per year. Think of the money you'd save!

:rolleyes:

be nice HMR. you just dont understand the Legacy, heck, bet you never flew one...

:D

G100driver said:
How's that cain doing for you? Is it long enough as so you can feel the runway so you know when to flare?;) :D

Hey, to each is own. I perfer hot looking blones, but I see thousands of fat chicks that are pregenant each day. :)

haha, good one G100!......now you enjoy the ride at 280 with the ice on, really, it will get better in an hour or so when that slug gets lighter..

As for planes -- yes, bigger and more power is always better......

those that disagree, well they usually fly Falcons.

OH!!!!

:pimp:

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
haha, good one G100!......now you enjoy the ride at 280 with the ice on!, really, it will get better in an hour or so when that slug gets lighter..

As for planes -- yes, bigger and more power is always better......

those that disagree, usually fly Falcons.

:pimp:

Just fine in the 2000EX thank you! I know not a G-V or Galaxy, but hey we are in the PacNw. We never get any ice:rolleyes:

G100driver said:
Just fine in the 2000EX thank you! I know not a G-V or Galaxy, but hey we are in the PacNw. We never get any ice:rolleyes:

yeah I heard never any ice out there...yikes!!

actually, I do hear the 2000 does much better than the Garrett Infested Falcoons.

;)

The EX with the P&W climbs right through it. It has NEVER been an issue. Our climb will slow to 1000/fpm at FL280 with wings and engines on at MTOW, but that is about it.

Gulfstream 200 said:
no those speed differences make a NY-London run about 15-30 mins difference....but when the boss comes up front and asks how fast we are going and you say ".76"...he equates that to about 500mph difference as compared to .82 or .85.

Yes, they know the facts, but comparing their valuable time to aircraft shortcomings or fuel savings is a recipe for disaster IMHO.

Run it as fast as possible unless needing to Long Range to avoid a fuel stop.

next time your boss asks you why you are going slow say "eh, whats the difference boss, its just another 15-30 minutes".

:eek:

I never quote Mach Numbers unless he asks. I always say, "550 knots over the ground," or whatever.

My boss used to own a Falcon 2000 and he really liked the airplane. It is very efficient. But for his needs it didn't have a large enough baggage compartment and he never complains about the switch to this bird.

What about the Falcon 900 series?

Gulfstream 200 said:
:0

stop thinking like a regional airplane pilot man!

airframe cycles??!! what do you do - run that hunk of crap between Newark and Cleveland 37X a day?

:confused:

Since much of our maintenance is based upon cycles I think in terms of cycles.

Gulfstream 200 said:
ya know what, forget it, Im going to pitch those new Legacys to the boss because you know -- I never flew one (Im ignorant)....I CAN, however, say I have flown ON a few with Continental Express (and other fine outfits)....that was really impressive. The quiet cabin, the roomy interior....the quality and value I felt...

It would be a major step up from that poor G200 you drive my man.

And it *IS* quiet. We got all the aerodynamic and noise reduction improvements the RJ doesn't. :)

90% of the time I don't even wear a headset.

As for roomy, good grief. I have been in lots of G-IVs and they are VIRTUALLY identical. Yes the G-IV is wider and taller but I couldn't tell the difference without a tape measure.

And I banged my head on the doorway of the G. I don't do that on the Legacy. :)

ultrarunner said:
To do NY - mainland EU in the Legacy would require .74 mach which is 430 kts.

One city pair we are looking at is 3100nm.

Legacy = 7.2 hrs

At .82+ in the G and DA the same city pair is covered in 6.4

Putting aside the fact that that leg would be nearly at the range limit in the L (depending upon WX), it's not so much the 1 hr time savings, but one less additional hr of operational costs.

That adds up over time, and looking at the long term, the G has the edge on a cost per hour basis.

Actually, the Embraer cost per mile is far lower than the G so it doesn't matter in terms of time. Don't look at costs per HOUR look at costs per MILE. The Legacy still is cheaper per hour any way, but cost per mile accounts for additional flight time.

That being said... You can go over at .76M. The speed is somewhat dependent upon winds and payload. You can go faster and still avoid a wetfootprint.

Last edited:
LegacyDriver said:
It would be a major step up from that poor G200 you drive my man.

And it *IS* quiet. We got all the aerodynamic and noise reduction improvements the RJ doesn't. :)

90% of the time I don't even wear a headset.

As for roomy, good grief. I have been in lots of G-IVs and they are VIRTUALLY identical. Yes the G-IV is wider and taller but I couldn't tell the difference without a tape measure.

And I banged my head on the doorway of the G. I don't do that on the Legacy. :)

alright.

I take back everything I said in the past....

you are WAY overpaid at 53K.

:smash:

Latest resources

Back