Big cabin airplane impressions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LegacyDriver said:
What are you planning to use the airplane for exactly?

If you are doing lots of CONUS stuff with occasional Europe/Hawaii why not look at a Legacy? :)

Everyone knows I love that thing. They get better and better with each one built.

I guess it is technically a "Super Midsize" but...

AHHH!!

INCOMING!

:eek:
;)

ultrarunner said:
That's a different class of aircraft that we're not considering. And RR engines negate the need for a three-holer, IMO.

OK. If one had the luxury to decide between the 3 you mentioned, I would personally go G350. I think DA builds a very solid, reliable aircraft but my guess is the bossman may like the inside of the G better..

How do the DOCs on the 2 compare? Im guessing the Falcon is a bit better?

guess it depends if the boss is a strict numbers guy or likes more room..

good luck either way, sounds like fun!

LegacyDriver said:
What are you planning to use the airplane for exactly?

If you are doing lots of CONUS stuff with occasional Europe/Hawaii why not look at a Legacy? :)

Because it's going to have a resale value equivelant to a Huyndai. That's why.

Gulfstream 200 said:
OK. If one had the luxury to decide between the 3 you mentioned, I would personally go G350. I think DA builds a very solid, reliable aircraft but my guess is the bossman may like the inside of the G better..

How do the DOCs on the 2 compare? Im guessing the Falcon is a bit better?

guess it depends if the boss is a strict numbers guy or likes more room..

good luck either way, sounds like fun!

He likes the 2000 and the one we did the demo in with the double-club seemed to have plenty of room.

The DA has the edge on DOCs, and even Gulfstream concedes this, but it narrows if you look at cost of ownership over a 10 year period with respect to warranty and support issues, which the G has the edge on.

ultrarunner said:
Because it's going to have a resale value equivelant to a Huyndai. That's why.

I see no empirical evidence to backup that claim. Comparing a Legacy to a Hyundai is laughable. Surely you can do better than that.

At any rate, by the time you get ready to sell your Legacy it will barely be broken in. There will be lots of time left on the airplane and it will probably resell with respectable value.

Oh well... Good luck. <S>

Last edited:
LegacyDriver said:
I see no empirical evidence to backup that claim. Comparing a Legacy to a Hyundai is laughable. Surely you can do better than that.

At any rate, by the time you get ready to sell your Legacy it will barely be broken in. There will be lots of time left on the airplane and it will probably resell with respectable value.

Oh well... Good luck. <S>

"lots of time left on the airplane"...

What the heck does this mean?

and no, the hyundai rattles much less when cruising along. Far superior ride than that POS Embraer.

That's not the only issue Legacy....firstly, to get max range on it, you gotta fly it at LRC, which is slow. Same issue with the CL. Not an issue with the G or the DA.

Secondly, we'd like to go with newer generation flight displays, and not CRT's. The three we're considering meet that criteria.

And thirdly, we don't need that many seats.

I have the entire sales-pitch Legacy stuff here on my desk, and their really big selling point and plug is 16 people going 3000nm. That's not our operation. But occasional dashes to EU with 6 to 8 and to do it at .80 is more of what we're looking for.

I'll concede that there is no hard data to support my opinion on a Legacy's resale value. But there is plenty to support that for the other three, and the G and the DA have a BIG edge on this.

ultrarunner said:
That's not the only issue Legacy....firstly, to get max range on it, you gotta fly it at LRC, which is slow. Same issue with the CL. Not an issue with the G or the DA.

Secondly, we'd like to go with newer generation flight displays, and not CRT's. The three we're considering meet that criteria.

And thirdly, we don't need that many seats.

I have the entire sales-pitch Legacy stuff here on my desk, and their really big selling point and plug is 16 people going 3000nm. That's not our operation. But occasional dashes to EU with 6 to 8 and to do it at .80 is more of what we're looking for.

I'll concede that there is no hard data to support my opinion on a Legacy's resale value. But there is plenty to support that for the other three, and the G and the DA have a BIG edge on this.

Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification. :) (In all honesty, however, what's the time saving between .76M or .77M and .80M going over the pond? Is it really that much? Just wondering if time is *that* critical.)

Good luck in your search. I hope you guys are happy with whatever airplane you choose.

:)

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
"lots of time left on the airplane"...

What the heck does this mean?

and no, the hyundai rattles much less when cruising along. Far superior ride than that POS Embraer.

Ah...more gems of wisdom from someone who has never flown the airplane.

What does it mean? It means the airplane is based on an airframe designed for a high cycle environment (the Regionals) and that putting it in a Corporate environment means the thing doesn't even break a sweat. Ten years later the thing is practically brand new. That's what it means. :)

(Enough about the Legacy. I don't want to hijack the man's thread.)

Last edited:
LegacyDriver said:
Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification. :) (In all honesty, however, what's the time saving between .76M or .77M and .80M going over the pond? Is it really that much? Just wondering if time is *that* critical.)

Good luck in your search. I hope you guys are happy with whatever airplane you choose.

:)

no those speed differences make a NY-London run about 15-30 mins difference....but when the boss comes up front and asks how fast we are going and you say ".76"...he equates that to about 500mph difference as compared to .82 or .85.

Yes, they know the facts, but comparing their valuable time to aircraft shortcomings or fuel savings is a recipe for disaster IMHO.

Run it as fast as possible unless needing to Long Range to avoid a fuel stop.

next time your boss asks you why you are going slow say "eh, whats the difference boss, its just another 15-30 minutes".

:eek:

Latest resources

Back