• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big cabin airplane impressions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gimme a break on crossing the water in a Falcon 2000EX. Done it lots. Did it 2 x's in Decemeber and once a couple of weeks ago. Yawn.

DOC for Falcon 2000EX is around 1500 hour. I will say the warranty is NOT as strong as Gulfstream. Particularily on labor. Dassault only warranties 6 months on labor.

As for the Legacy in the NAT at .76 or .77, I think you would be hard pressed to operate there. Not a whole lot of 747's and A-330 putting along at those speeds. Sounds like a random route me ... thus more than 30 minutes behind an M.80 airplane.

Good luck on this.

PM me if you have any specific questions or budgetary info on the Falcon 2000EX.

2000flyer said:
FOUR GENERATORS? Oh...that RAT thingy. ;)

I'm takin' it all in stride. Cheers!

nope....4 gens, plus a RAT, plus an APU.

guess that plane!

Gulfstream 200 said:
nope....4 gens, plus a RAT, plus an APU.

guess that plane!

Wow, got me on that one. Can't remember if the Jetstar had a RAT or not. A340? I don't have a clue.:(

LegacyDriver said:
Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification. :) (In all honesty, however, what's the time saving between .76M or .77M and .80M going over the pond? Is it really that much? Just wondering if time is *that* critical.)

To do NY - mainland EU in the Legacy would require .74 mach which is 430 kts.

One city pair we are looking at is 3100nm.

Legacy = 7.2 hrs

At .82+ in the G and DA the same city pair is covered in 6.4

Putting aside the fact that that leg would be nearly at the range limit in the L (depending upon WX), it's not so much the 1 hr time savings, but one less additional hr of operational costs.

That adds up over time, and looking at the long term, the G has the edge on a cost per hour basis.

Falcon Capt said:

DOH!

I did like that A-340 suggestion! thats the type of thing I need, get up, stretch, go for a long walk....crew rest on a Queen size bed....

now, how do you get them in the hangar....

:D

G100driver said:
DOC for Falcon 2000EX is around 1500 hour. I will say the warranty is NOT as strong as Gulfstream. Particularily on labor. Dassault only warranties 6 months on labor.

Good luck on this.

PM me if you have any specific questions or budgetary info on the Falcon 2000EX.

Thanks G, I appreciate it.

No doubt the DA has the fuel edge. And if Marcel would extend the bumper to bumper out to 5 years P & L it would make the decision tons easier.

I conceed that the EX is likely as much plane as we would need and I'd have no problem doing the crossing in one. However, I need to do the dudiligence on the three competing airframes.

I'll PM you in a week or so and pick your brain on some budgetary intel on teh EX.

thanks again.

Gulfstream 200 said:
DOH!

I did like that A-340 suggestion! thats the type of thing I need, get up, stretch, go for a long walk....crew rest on a Queen size bed....

now, how do you get them in the hangar....

:D

Where the heck is the fourth gen on a Glex? Oh....thats what the pedals on the FO's side are for! ;)

Latest resources

Back