Big cabin airplane impressions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gulfstream 200 said:
not sure...rumor is DA is going winglets!

:eek:

Just talked to them today at NBAA in BCT. 6000 miles is now the range. No firm commitment on use of winglets yet.

Gulfstream had a good showing at La Bella Macchina in PBI tonight. Long lines for both the 450 and 550. Dassault had long lines for the 2000EX EASy as well. Not suprisingly, for a while the longest lines were at the Eclipse! :eek: By far the best of show was the 77 Ferrari's on display!!!

Wow, fast women and expensive cars...err...expensive women and fast cars...what a night! My personal favorite of the evening was the 612 Scaglietti, front mount V-12, 540HP on a 4000 pound body. All for a svelt $259,000!

Oh to dream the dreams of riches.

2000flyer said:
Gulfstream had a good showing at La Bella Macchina in PBI tonight. Long lines for both the 450 and 550.

The star of the show in KPBI was the P-51D "Miss Stephanie" man! :)

Gulfstream did well at KBCT also.

The 450 was my favorite. Finally got to see one with the avionics powered up. It was awesome to see. The integration of the EVS into the HUD is the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life.

Is the Easy Cockpit the same thing as the Planeview? I didn't get to see the 2000EX unfortunately.

On a side note it appears Embraer is sold out through October 2007 at 3 planes a month. Not too bad... Not G-Whiz or DA numbers but respectable.

But that 450 was just WOW.

Wow.

LegacyDriver said:
The star of the show in KPBI was the P-51D "Miss Stephanie" man! :)

Gulfstream did well at KBCT also.

The 450 was my favorite. Finally got to see one with the avionics powered up. It was awesome to see. The integration of the EVS into the HUD is the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life.

Is the Easy Cockpit the same thing as the Planeview? I didn't get to see the 2000EX unfortunately.

On a side note it appears Embraer is sold out through October 2007 at 3 planes a month. Not too bad... Not G-Whiz or DA numbers but respectable.

But that 450 was just WOW.

Wow.

Yes, the P51 was great, though I've seen nicer looking models. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn it down!

Shame on you for not looking at the 2000EX EASy!!!:smash: The EASy avionics and Planeview are based on the Honeywell EPIC architecture. Both companies tweaked it and made it their own. EASy does things Planeview won't and vise versa.

The Legacy in the corner of the hangar seemed to be getting good interest too. Had I known you were there I would have looked you up.

Shame on you for not looking at the 2000EX EASy!!!:smash: The EASy avionics and Planeview are based on the Honeywell EPIC architecture. Both companies tweaked it and made it their own. EASy does things Planeview won't and vise versa.

Just curious what the PlaneView does that the EASY does not. I do understand on the Planeview you do not have to use the CCD for all functions but was not aware of any other major differences...thanks.

Darn 2000 I am sorry we mised each other. I am here for two days for routine mx (KPBI) so PM me if you are still in town.

Ran into a couple others from flightinfo. It is nice to meet such cool people. They both said FalconCapt was a "twit" so we had some common ground right off the bat! (Just kidding FC! They are friends of yours.)

Epic OKAY. Now it is all coming into context. The 170 has EPIC also, though I am sure it is nothing like that 450.

Yeah the Legacy at KPBI was s/n 903. Another pilot and I did a demo with 730 for the folks who bought 903. Glad to see we didn't chase off a customer! :)

Look me up if you are still here 2000.

Last edited:
LegacyDriver said:
Darn 2000 I am sorry we mised each other. I am here for two days for routine mx (KPBI) so PM me if you are still in town.

Ran into a couple others from flightinfo. It is nice to meet such cool people. They both said FalconCapt was a "twit" so we had some common ground right off the bat! (Just kidding FC! They are friends of yours.)

Epic OKAY. Now it is all coming into context. The 170 has EPIC also, though I am sure it is nothing like that 450.

Yeah the Legacy at KPBI was s/n 903. Another pilot and I did a demo with 730 for the folks who bought 903. Glad to see we didn't chase off a customer! :)

Look me up if you are still here 2000.

Unfortunately I've left the warm climate for 32 degrees and a 25 knot wind. Maybe next time.

2EASYPilot said:

Just curious what the PlaneView does that the EASY does not. I do understand on the Planeview you do not have to use the CCD for all functions but was not aware of any other major differences...thanks.

I don't have the list in front of me (on the road) but there are a few difference. Minor, granted, but different. Some is in presentation as well. As you know EASy flies path where I believe the Gulfstream still uses pitch. In the end we all get to where we're going ;)

LD...the Epic in the 170 and Citation Sovereign is the same base architecture, but I know the Citation doesn't have an INAV like the DA and G aircraft. I don't believe the 170 does either though having never seen the inside, I won't bet...yet ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back