• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Benefits of a Merger for a Delta Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It sure doesn't sound like anyone has answered how the junior NWA guys will be "benefiting" from this merger.... Have any buyouts been organized through the MEC to prevent what looks like their furloughs? Unless there is a secret deal to takeover FedEx ops out of Anchorage, I can't see what else they could possibly be planning for them....keep in mind a lot of those "junior" guys aren't young wet behind the ears like guys like SuperPilot... The airlines hadn't been hiring for years until recently, and a lot of these guys brought significant experience to NWA...It would have a much greater affect on them (throwing them under the rug) in the modern aspect of being "junior" than years before when they all had long years ahead of them
I dunno, if I was a junior NWA guys I'd be happy:
  • Big Pay Raise
  • Longevity bump for time out on furlough
  • Big Jump in Company B Plan contribution
  • Growth v/s Shrinkage
  • Sharing NWA furloughs with whatever DAL pilots get mixed in
Uncertainties:
  • Folks like Superpilot think maybe he'll get hosed on final seniority... but he may be the youngest pilot on the seniority list. He's close if not the absolute winner. Seriously, I'd be :beer: if I was younger than 30 too.

I am not asking for an advantage!! I am asking what do we get on the Delta side?

Unless we have strong medium term fences on all bases/equipment those up through the middle of the list in DL bases and equipment will see years and years of stagnation/regression followed by a commute to the northern tier if and when you can finally hold captain.

We cannot allow the company to optimize/synergize the fleet at our expense. Status quo on bases and equipment during at least a 3-5 year transition period will go along way to ease the pain of this for both sides.

Noserider - what we going to do? Nobody asked us. We aren't even sure what's been negotiated. It is already done and it will pass. The majority of those who vote will look at pay rates, then equity, then lock into a mind set. I try to talk about scope and candidly, nobody cares.

So far, I've been very happy with our MEC's positions after the facts have got out, but this is for most all the marbles and I'm concerned.

Last edited:
You get our 4 billion in cash, which allows you to keep your job and allows OUR company to grow. You also get better looking Northwest flight attendants in the deal.

The Northwest guy gets a huge pay raise, better benefits and equipment. I do not get to fly his B747 or anything better than what I have already. My quality of life goes backwards.
What is in this deal for a Delta Pilot!:confused:

THROW THE DELTA PILOT A BONE!!
EQUAL PAY ON DAY 1
:beer: :beer: :beer:

I dunno, if I was a junior NWA guys I'd be happy:
  • Big Pay Raise
  • Longevity bump for time out on furlough
Surely they're not getting a big pay raise on furlough....
So they DO keep longevity on furlough? I heard otherwise....
Does ALPA cover their COBRA or are they just cast out to sea? I read something about required 2 month notice of furlough on another airline thread...Is that accurate?
(yeah, I ask a lot of questions, lol)

You also get better looking Northwest flight attendants in the deal.
Yeah, but but I bet they can't answer your questions about the feeding, care and maintenance of cats, can they?

Delta has more cash too, BTW.

In the long term a good deal for both pilot groups. The DC-9 probably has you guys a bit nervous since they are after all retiring. But I think with our new B787 and a enhanced ability to exercise the options on these aircraft, the link between NWA and Delta will be more of a positive than a negative if you're talking merely about staffing. So cheers!!!

Apparently, you have not heard that RA is not to impressed with the new 787 performance and weight numbers that are coming in. This order may be X-ed is the rumor that the check airmen are passing around.

Latest resources

Back