Benefits of a Merger for a Delta Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Speedbird34

I have a hard time seeing a benefit for me as a Delta Pilot apart from the statement that the roof is falling and it will after I am laid off for a few years provide me a better company to get recall.
Any opinions are welcomed !! Enlighting me as to my bright future in a new Delta.
Also the Northwest guys get pay raises, equity and our DC program. The SLI does not give the Delta pilots an advantage.
So I see a Airline with smiling northwest pilots and Delta pilots just dreading losing their quality of life.:beer:

Last edited:
see the benefits of not merging all around the rest of the industry.:eek: step back and take a deep breath, We (both NWA/DAL) are in a much better position than most right now. Good luck with your Emirates pursuit.;)

see the benefits of not merging all around the rest of the industry.:eek: step back and take a deep breath, We (both NWA/DAL) are in a much better position than most right now. Good luck with your Emirates pursuit.;)
That is my point! The only auguement I hear for the merger from our dear Northwest brethen mostly is merge or die and it does seem suspect coming from folks who seem to be the biggest winners in the deal!!

:beer:

Isn't the point that EVERYONE should benefit. Why should a "Delta" pilot get an advantage?

The Northwest guy gets a huge pay raise, better benefits and equipment. I do not get to fly his B747 or anything better than what I have already. My quality of life goes backwards.
What is in this deal for a Delta Pilot!:confused:

THROW THE DELTA PILOT A BONE!!
EQUAL PAY ON DAY 1
:beer: :beer: :beer:

Last edited:
Isn't the point that EVERYONE should benefit. Why should a "Delta" pilot get an advantage?

Someone else gets it!! :beer: The success of DAL in this economy relies on NWA and the Success of NWA relies on DAL. Even Lee Moak mentioned in his message that both sides need each other. Until everyone see's that we wont be able to successfully achieve every benefit of being 1 solid pilot group.

That is my point! The only auguement I hear for the merger from our dear Northwest brethen mostly is merge or die and it does seem suspect coming from folks who seem to be the biggest winners in the deal!!

:beer:

I think he he meant "fair and just;" SLI plus about 15% is fair for Delta pilots considering our better contract and the amount of high paying seats we have.

Latest resources

Back