• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Being let go on probation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has something changed in the states? When I left Eagle the Skywest guys were paid the best, great work rules, and large bonus checks. What are they doing to the Skywest guys?

Has something changed in the states? When I left Eagle the Skywest guys were paid the best, great work rules, and large bonus checks. What are they doing to the Skywest guys?

Nothing at all! But don't let anyone in on the secrete. Besides if your airline isn't doing well the next thing to do is bash the ones that are.

Dont put the company you got let go from on your next application. Go back to your CFI job and make it look like it was continued employment from Day1.

Also, always take advice from this guy.

What does he say about your avatar?

Pretty well a spineless move by Eagle if you ask me. If the dude is a problem child, fire him. Don't have the training dept do it...

On that note, I'll sure as hell feel safe next time I'm on Eagle knowing the training department is used for disciplinary measures. You sure learn a lot when you fear for your job....

What does he say about your avatar?

Pretty well a spineless move by Eagle if you ask me. If the dude is a problem child, fire him. Don't have the training dept do it...

On that note, I'll sure as hell feel safe next time I'm on Eagle knowing the training department is used for disciplinary measures. You sure learn a lot when you fear for your job....
In theory, I agree with your statement. from a practical point of view, the company would be irresponsible for doing it any other way than what they did.

Even though a person on probation can be fired without cause, there are many ways for the employee to challenge the termination. By documenting a failure through an FAA approved training program, the company significantly reduces their exposure to risk. I don't like it any more than you do but that is just the way the system works.

I'd like to express my thanks for the advice given by most of the people here. I have,unfortunately, found myself in the same position as the original poster (let go on probation after recurrent didn't go so well) and was also wondering about what to do.

I don't want to hijack this guys thread, so if you want details, please PM me.

I just wonder how many more posts there will be like this. There are quite a few low-time guys coming through recurrent right now.

Last edited:
That's a good point. I know most training departments would hate to admit this but I think the supply and demand does have something to do with how strict they are. Less than a year ago most regionals were hiring almost anyone with a pulse. Now most are looking at a furlough. Training can afford to set the bar a little higher now. Of course, that's no excuse. Just emphasizes the need to be on top of your game at all times. If you know your systems, memory items, limitations and maneuvers cold, there's not much they can do to you.

Latest resources

Back