• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bag lost while jumpseating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nothing, I mean nothing irritates me more than a Captain/pilot who isn't FULLY accommodating to jumpseaters commuting.... this is the height of lack of professionalism in our "profession"; disgraceful.

nothing, I mean nothing irritates me more than a Captain/pilot who isn't FULLY accommodating to jumpseaters commuting.... this is the height of lack of professionalism in our "profession"; disgraceful.

Agreed. Most of the guys who are that way have always lived in base and never commuted.

I think our policy is still not to carry jumpseaters bags up front. And with over-manning...well you never know. So as lame as it is, I just buy the jumpseaters bag for a dollar, now it's mine. When he comes back for it, which they always seem to do, then i sell it back to him for a dollar. Thats been working for me.

Thrasher, that's great solution. Any Chief Pilot worth his salt would accept that with a wink of an eye!

Update - bag found and on its way to the airport here. Never made it in the cargo bin of the airplane. How does a bag not get from the cabin of the airplane to the cargo bin of the same airplane??

Scary thing I saw the other day on a dhd on Pinnacle. Pulled into the gate, and when the rampers lowered the cart for the plane side checked bags, it was full of bags that had never been loaded on the plane that had left the gate earlier. Amazing! I've walked off just a couple flights when my bag couldn't make it on, and I chalk it up to the commuter clause.

I think our policy is still not to carry jumpseaters bags up front. And with over-manning...well you never know. So as lame as it is, I just buy the jumpseaters bag for a dollar, now it's mine. When he comes back for it, which they always seem to do, then i sell it back to him for a dollar. Thats been working for me.

I like it.

Latest resources

Back