Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Green said:
Go on strike......

Duanne has spewed all this rhetoric about enough is enough, time to change course, we've given management all we can, blah blah blah blah. It's enough to make you want to puke. Management finally understands that we are a spineless union that will give into anything in order to keep a few scraps. It's time we collectively stand up and regain some dignity.

The fact that NWA mgt even feels like they have a chance with this proposal tells volumes about how far Alpa has fallen. It is past time to get some new blood in Alpa national.

It is very possible that a strike will occur. If the judge orders the scope changes at the end of the 51 day period, then the NWA pilots might engage in self-help. Of course, that will probably mean the end of Northwest Airlines, but management will have lost. It's a tough decision for the NWA MEC and pilot group to make.

A strike very well might not be the end of NWa. Do you think Mgt would let you guys stay on strike for more than a few days? Mgt has a fudiciary responsibility to do what is in the best interest of the company. Sure they can weather a strike by the mechanics but pilots walking would shut the company down. I think they are just trying to see how much they can get out of you guys with all the doom and gloom fear tactics. After years of concessionary contracts pilots in general are resigned to agree to just about anything.

Ty Webb said:
I am sure some of those tough-talking NWA pilots who like to give our pilots a ration of grief when they ask for a jumpseat ride would never take a deal like this. . . .

Ty-

I'm not sure if your unfounded disdain for NW pilots results in this flamebait, or if you have a valid concern.

If you have any hard evidence, such as dates, names, flight numbers, etc....PM me and I will forward it to our Jumpseat Coordinator. I know he will follow-up immediately and I can forward you his information.

I have only seen ONE PILOT denied the jumpseat at NW, and that's because his company was NOT on the approved list. (Not even close).

ALL AirTran pilots are more than welcome to ride any NW flight, if a seat exists. If any problems are encountered, report the incident immediately to your J/S coordinator.

320AV8R

320AV8R said:
Ty-

I'm not sure if your unfounded disdain for NW pilots results in this flamebait, or if you have a valid concern.

If you have any hard evidence, such as dates, names, flight numbers, etc....PM me and I will forward it to our Jumpseat Coordinator. I know he will follow-up immediately and I can forward you his information.

This issue has been covered on this board several times. I have provided name, employee number, date and flight numbers to you or one of your fellow employees with a similar screen name in the past. I have flown with denied pilots, and I have seen the letters from our people to your people. Ask your MEM C.P. about it. They are aware of it. It has happened quite a few times over the past few years, and it continues to happen.

Hey 320AV8R,
TY Webb is correct. I followed up one of these complaints for some JBlue guys and our JS coordinator is in a position where he can lecture the few crackpot Capt's--but can not enforce any action. He really does try hard to bring them back from the "dark side" but he has had no luck..I guess the handfull of of "bad seeds" in question are targeting the JB, Air Tran, Spirit folks.
Hey Ty,
There are a bunch of folks here (320AV8R included) who are apalled and embarassed to work at the same company as these "vigalante captains". We will keep spreading the word about this in an effort to halt it. I can tell you that in almost 8 years I have never flown with a capt that denied anyone the JS.

How exactly would ALPA be screwing up on this? This will be imposed by a BK judge. How do you propose we stop it? Any constructive ideas, or just more mindless ALPA bashing? :rolleyes:
Your right, I am sorry. ALPA should just let this one go.

For the record, I am not an ALPA basher. I would hope though that they would at least try to stop this from happening...they are a union right? Made to protect it's pilots? If this were allowed to happen, MANY NWA pilots would lose their jobs then the spiral starts....the other majors will seek scope restrictions to be lifted...more major airline pilots out of work. The regional pilots will be stuck at the regionals forever, the major guys who lost their jobs will be their first officers. The next phase is "well if we can pay 100 seat guys regional wages, we can pay 150 seat aircraft regional wages" and so on and so fourth.

This happened once on a smaller scale, when the MEC's allowed regional airlines to fly 50 seat jets. It will get worse. Do I have any proposals on how to stop it? No, I am not on full time trip loss, that's why I pay ALPA TO PROTECT MY A$$. Your avatar is an anti-rjdc logo.....you should be louder than me on this subject, I am a regional jet pilot saying that I want ALPA to protect scope clauses. Pilots are in trouble, our jobs and security are directly at risk....ALPA needs to work on this. Can't touch the scope being lifted because it was imposed...fine find another angle, through this new so called airline that will supposidly be a union shop. At the very least, try to get those airplanes on the NWA seniority list AT "regional" pay....fix the pay later but don't lose the flying. Tired of politicians and their loud speeches but throw their hands in the air when things get tough.

Thanks for your message. We AirTran guys pride ourselves on working whatever mojo we can to get all commuting pilots home, and will continue to do so for all of our industry brothers. I guess the best thing about these turds we are talking about is that we don't have to fly with them and listen to thier particular brand of B.S.

Thanks again . . . .

Fraternally,

Ty Webb

Thanks for your message. We AirTran guys pride ourselves on working whatever mojo we can to get all commuting pilots home, and will continue to do so for all of our industry brothers. I guess the best thing about these turds we are talking about is that we don't have to fly with them and listen to thier particular brand of B.S.

Thanks again . . . .

Fraternally,

Ty Webb

Latest resources

Back