Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
starvingredtail said:
Oh great,
I notice JP4user has had 9 cups of coffee and is chirping in with non stop drivel. Chirp on, oh man with no life. Sting us with your humorless, immature nonsence. Make us roll our eyes with your ignorance while we struggle with ourselves over whether to actually respond to you, or whether we should look for your parents and ask them to spank you. Sting on, oh bothersome gnat! Hurt us with your words. Your posts are reminesent of the Spongebob Squarepants episode where Spongebob rips his pants and he gets humorous attention, so he continues to bend over and rip his pants until he learns a valuable lesson: people burnout with the same old material over and over and over. So I think it is probably time for a new screenname so you can re-create yourself.

STANDARD DISCLAIMER:
1. 190 rates are low. B6 leadership knows this and I trust them to fix it like they did 320 pay.
2. Cleaning the cabin is a different thought process. But no different than helping your loadmaster with a quick turn in the military. Its a Leadership/teamwork thing I am surprised more folks don't understand. (and hot young FA's smell better than loadmasters and their smiles of appreciation warm my old heart)
3. Contract/No Union--Screw ALPA. Paid dues for 8 years at NWA and recieved nothing because I was so junior. Good leadership at B6 goes a long way.

Now I return you to your previously scheduled B6 bashfest.

Did you come up with all that by yourself? If you knew what I was saying didn't have a shred of truth it wouldn't provoke you to respond with such material. The standard FI defense is when you run out of facts to back up your fears and claims, the above drivel is what is produced. At least you don't complain about spelling. Not yet anyway.

1) B6 knows this? You're dang right they know it. B6 as in management knows you boys will grovel and work for whatever crumbs are thrown your way. You must be smoking some powerful products over there to believe that management is going to give you a raise out of the goodness of their hearts. Especially now when you are selling assets to raise cash.

Or are you a fool enough to believe otherwise?

2) Pathetic. Even more pathetic comparing that type of spirit to military duty. If you want to lower yourselves to toilet cleaners and cabin clean b emy guest. Just realize other management has their eyes on how far you will grovel.

3) ALPA today is a very sick organization that needs a major invasive surgery. However ALPA in it's worse day is far better than the protections afforded by your 5 year contract and lack of a true representational voice. Don't blame ALPA as a whole for lousy representation at your local or airline level.

active_herk said:
Well.... I was a former 130 guy, am a present FedEx guy, was never a United guy. I don't know what the "deid" is. I'm not sure why you think I have my nose in the air. I was just asking a question and trying to get an answer. I wish nothing but the best for anyone in the airline business, sorry if I've offended you in some way.
My apologies.

JP4user said:
Did you come up with all that by yourself? If you knew what I was saying didn't have a shred of truth it wouldn't provoke you to respond with such material. The standard FI defense is when you run out of facts to back up your fears and claims, the above drivel is what is produced. At least you don't complain about spelling. Not yet anyway.

1) B6 knows this? You're dang right they know it. B6 as in management knows you boys will grovel and work for whatever crumbs are thrown your way. You must be smoking some powerful products over there to believe that management is going to give you a raise out of the goodness of their hearts. Especially now when you are selling assets to raise cash.

2) Pathetic. Even more pathetic comparing that type of spirit to military duty. If you want to lower yourselves to toilet cleaners and cabin clean b emy guest. Just realize other management has their eyes on how far you will grovel.

3) ALPA today is a very sick organization that needs a major invasive surgery. However ALPA in it's worse day is far better than the protections afforded by your 5 year contract and lack of a true representational voice. Don't blame ALPA as a whole for lousy representation at your local or airline level.

JP4 or 32...whoever you are,
Be careful about throwing stones in a glass house. Just look at what YOUR management did to all of you at United. Seems the B6 pilots knew the payscales going in and are hoping for it to go up as the company grows. Also, with the quick upgrades, they end up not doing too bad. I don't see the screwjob you are talking about. Its when you get your pay slashed, furloughed, or lose your benefits....and management gets options and perks...that is a screwjob. Look at all the retirement bubbas who paid into ALPA and had their retirements slashed. Don't kid yourself...there is no comaraderie (i can't spell) in ALPA or between any pilot group. It's all about bringing home your bacon. Do your United pals sit around and say "Let's not do this because it might hurt the guys over at Delta or American?" I did not think so.
As far as the pathetic remark goes, you have no class. I always try to lend a hand if I have the time. Its called leadership by example. Standing around with your thumb up your a$$ and watching everyone else working hard to make the crew van is kind of lame. You think by not ever helping out you are upholding the "professionalism" of the job??? Think again. You are just causing contempt for the profession.
That will do pig. That will do.

JP4user said:

As for the 190 rates, the raise is coming. Announcement soon I bet.

As for the military comment, what's your experience JP4? I spent 12 years on AD and am still in the reserves and I view the cabin cleaning thing exactly as starvingred describes it. The amount of time I actually clean is so low that it barely deserves a mention on any discussion of pilot contracts. On some turns there is only time do the pilot stuff required to get airborne again, so a nice row or two is about all you can muster.

Either way, it saves jb money and I am for it. A question however would be: if jb makes money hand over fist, would they do away with it and hire more professional cleaners? Not sure. BUT if any particular group (read: flight attendants, they do the lion's share) wanted to stop doing it, I bet a union or two would help management make up their mind though.

As for ALPA on its worst day? Has that day come yet?

JP4User,

One simple question: What will your response be if B6 management actually gives the 190 pilots a raise out of the goodness of their hearts?

I am definetely not smoking any "powerful products" but do feel a raise is coming......hopefully.

CD

MammaMamma said:
Be careful about throwing stones in a glass house. Just look at what YOUR management did to all of you at United.
This discussion is about B6 selling planes. Not United.

Bottom line......

DN sees a cash crunch coming and needs to sell off planes to improve the short term balance sheet. It's not good any way you cut it. The added costs of adding a second fleet type are biting him in the ass more than he thought. The marginal increase in revenue with the RJ are not outweighing the long term costs of having 2 fleet types. He knows it and is trying to correct his major f-up.

I have a lot of friends at B6 and I hope it's successful but selling off planes when you are a brand new company is not a good thing by any stretch of the imagination.

You B6 guys are spinning the facts that the company is starting to lose money and DN is now concerned with maturation costs starting to creep up.

You cannot turn back the clock by selling off old planes. Be very weary.

Be careful about throwing stones in a glass house. Just look at what YOUR management did to all of you at United. Seems the B6 pilots knew the payscales going in and are hoping for it to go up as the company grows. Also, with the quick upgrades, they end up not doing too bad. I don't see the screwjob you are talking about. Its when you get your pay slashed, furloughed, or lose your benefits....and management gets options and perks...that is a screwjob. Look at all the retirement bubbas who paid into ALPA and had their retirements slashed. Don't kid yourself...there is no comaraderie (i can't spell) in ALPA or between any pilot group. It's all about bringing home your bacon. Do your United pals sit around and say "Let's not do this because it might hurt the guys over at Delta or American?" I did not think so.
As far as the pathetic remark goes, you have no class. I always try to lend a hand if I have the time. Its called leadership by example. Standing around with your thumb up your a$$ and watching everyone else working hard to make the crew van is kind of lame. You think by not ever helping out you are upholding the "professionalism" of the job??? Think again. You are just causing contempt for the profession.

Well Said

Some powerful stuff going around there.

Mamma said:

Sparky...I don't fly for United so you need to start over.

I am glad you are "hoping" the wage rates will go up. I didn't relaize management can be pressured with the collective will of "hope". LMAO. Hope..that's rich.

Quick upgrades may be a thing of the past. Did you catch the little hint that Neeleman threw out about "the possibility of more aircraft sales"? Or is it that the upgrades into the 190 plus your hope they will pay more going to take care of this? LMAO again.

I agree with you about ALPA or APA or SWAPA or any other labor organization. But as you ignored before, on their worse days, you have far better protection with them than you do with your 5 year contracts. Any worries if a new management team replaces the present guys because their performance is lacking and decides to become aggressive against labor there? How quick would some of those 5 year deals be renewed for those who decide that the hope is non longer working anymore and they try and organize? Or try to spread the word that things are not all well in Blueville as you are being led to believe.

I never waited with my thumb in my a$$ for the crew van. Is that a JB thing?

Last edited:
Here is someone that really understands the situation

DH2WN said:
DN sees a cash crunch coming and needs to sell off planes to improve the short term balance sheet. It's not good any way you cut it. The added costs of adding a second fleet type are biting him in the ass more than he thought. The marginal increase in revenue with the RJ are not outweighing the long term costs of having 2 fleet types. He knows it and is trying to correct his major f-up.

You B6 guys are spinning the facts that the company is starting to lose money and DN is now concerned with maturation costs starting to creep up.

You cannot turn back the clock by selling off old planes. Be very weary.
You are hitting the truth and reality of the situation harder than I ever could of hoped to.

Well said.

curtaindriver said:
JP4User,

One simple question: What will your response be if B6 management actually gives the 190 pilots a raise out of the goodness of their hearts?

I am definetely not smoking any "powerful products" but do feel a raise is coming......hopefully.

CD

I would eat my words and say congradulations to each and every one of you. Well most of you anyway. That would be a huge step in the right direction for the wage scales on that cancer jet throughout the industry. Present and future.

Latest resources

Back