B6 to Sell FIVE A-320s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DH2WN said:
This discussion is about B6 selling planes. Not United.

Bottom line......

DN sees a cash crunch coming and needs to sell off planes to improve the short term balance sheet. It's not good any way you cut it. The added costs of adding a second fleet type are biting him in the ass more than he thought. The marginal increase in revenue with the RJ are not outweighing the long term costs of having 2 fleet types. He knows it and is trying to correct his major f-up.

I have a lot of friends at B6 and I hope it's successful but selling off planes when you are a brand new company is not a good thing by any stretch of the imagination.

You B6 guys are spinning the facts that the company is starting to lose money and DN is now concerned with maturation costs starting to creep up.

You cannot turn back the clock by selling off old planes. Be very weary.

Wrong. The bottom line is about slowing expansion and cutting costs. Better to learn from mistakes and proceed smartly then hang onto a sinking ship somehow hoping the leak will magically fix itself. By the way, check out the markets. Stock being upgraded and institutions are happy that JB is addressing their problems and turning the ship around.

Mamma said:
By the way, check out the markets. Stock being upgraded and institutions are happy that JB is addressing their problems and turning the ship around.
Are you F-ing kidding me??? You know nothing of stock markets and market analysts if you are quoting them on the success of your company.

Most analysts could care less what you do 1 year from now let alone 1 month from now. They are looking for a quick increase in your stock price so they can dump you tomorrow and rate you in the opposite direction only to upgrade you the next day.

Try again.

Last edited:
DH2WN said:
Are you F-ing kidding me??? You know nothing of stock markets and market analysts if you are quoting them on the success of your company.

Most analysts could care less what you do 1 year from now let alone 1 month from now. They are looking for a quick increase in your stock price so they can dump you tomorrow and rate you in the opposite direction only to upgrade you the next day.

Try again.
Yeah, but an upgrade is better than a downgrade, and it was you who chided us for not following the WSJ. Are you getting a little upset by this? You told me to follow the WSJ instead of USA Today, The WSJ raves about our long term future, and now you freak out. (I say freak out because you start out with "Are you F-ing kidding me???"--That just seems over dramatised) Who should we quote? 3210LT or DH2WN or JP4User? Hey...wait a minute, each of these screen names is a combination of numbers and letters. Each of these screen names writes with barely contained rage, over the top language, no humor to speak of and has body odor so bad, that it is discernable over the internet! Could you be the same person?

Mamma said:
Sparky??? Did you make that one up all by yourself? Real original. So you say you are not 32. I would have to assume Dave Seigel then. We have not seen him for awhile. Why the name change?
Lastly, about the thumb comment. Right. That is almost exactly what you said. "I don't help out at all. It denegrates the profession." So, METAPHORICALLY you sit around with your thumb in your ass. I just hope you don't suck it later considering all the whining you do.

That Sparky thing breaks me up. I just watched "Small Soliders" with my 6 year old and 3 year old. Tommy Lee Jones plays the part of "Chip Hazard", a toy solider who is stereotypicly a grizzled old veteran who leads a bunch of other specialized toy soliders. He comes off with all these great "grizzly old seargent" lines. When he was introduced to the communications toy solider, he called him "Sparky" and I started cracking up. My 6 year old wanted to know what was funny. I told him I knew someone who was trying to be like that toy and was not pulling it off very well. If you follow the movie at all, I guess you could say we B6 guys are kind of like the Gorgonites. A peace loving people who are persecuted by the cruel establishment. But I digress.

On the not helping out thing. Can you picture this guy at the country club trying to put on airs with local doctors and lawyers? Its sooo hard to get good help nowadays.

DH2WN said:

Try again.

You may be right, but ease up. Since when have sw pilots on this forum gotten so anti-jb? LCCs need to stick together.

Sorry about dh, loved the js experience on them.

Premarket Movers: JetBlue Takes Off
Tuesday June 20, 9:22 am ET
Analyst Sees JetBlue As Turnaround Story, Sees Jump in Revenue This Summer

NEW YORK (AP) -- JetBlue Airways Corp. shares rose ahead of the opening bell Tuesday after Morgan Stanley called the discount airline a turnaround story, and said to expect revenue trends to surprise on the positive side this summer.

The brokerage restarted coverage of JetBlue with an "Overweight" rating. In addition, Continental Airlines Inc. and American Airlines' parent AMR Corp. were given an "Equal Weight," while Southwest Airlines Co. was given an "Underweight" rating.

William Greene, an analyst with Morgan Stanley, said JetBlue remains his "top airlines pick" in a report that put the airline sector as a whole at an "In-Line" rating. He said the "former industry darling is now a turnaround story" and that a "new focus on efficiency is leading a push to reduce costs in 2006."

Shares of the New York-based company rose 43 cents, or 3.7 percent, to $11.96 in premarket trading on the INET electronic exchange, after closing Monday at $11.53 on the Nasdaq. AMR edged up 11 cents to $24.62 on INET from its New York Stock Exchange close at $24.51, while Continental added 34 cents, to $27.24 on INET from their NYSE close at $26.90.

Apple Computer Inc. shares failed to bounce as speculation ramped up the company is in advanced talks with Hollywood studios toward a deal to bring feature film downloads to the iTunes Music Store. Sticking points are seen over pricing, and there are reports that studio executives have balked at a flat-rate model.

The Cupertino, Calif.-based company's shares rose 38 cents to $57.58 after closing Monday at $57.20 on the Nasdaq.

Retailer Costco Wholesale Corp. shares moved higher before the bell after JPMorgan upped its rating to "Overweight" from "Neutral." Analyst Charles Grom said he had an "upbeat call" with the company, and believes the wholesaler is poised for higher margins and a stronger cash position.

"With the stock off roughly 8.1 percent from its 52-week high in early April, we want to own Costco before several positive catalysts begin to emerge in the second half," Grom said in the report.

He listed continued mid-to-high single earnings comparisons from year-ago results, margin expansion and "potential gasoline mix tailwinds by mid-Summer. Shares of the Issaquah, Wash.-based company rose $1.04 to $54.59 after closing Monday at $53.55 on the Nasdaq.

MasterCard Inc. shares moved higher after the company reported Monday that it scored a victory over a challenge to interchange fees in Europe. An industry appeals tribunal set aside a ruling by the U.K.'s competition watchdog that the fees impose on retail merchants by MasterCard violated European Union and British law.

Shares of the Purchase, N.Y.-based company rose 58 cents to $44.92 after closing at $44.34 on the NYSE.

Latest resources

Back