• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B6 to Sell FIVE A-320s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another sign Jetblue is becoming a regular airline.

For nearly 10 years I watched this cycle of wallstreet analysts and business media pump my company then dump on it on about a 90 day cycle. I never had the money over the period to trade on their b.s. comments but could have made $$$ on the price swings. The same thing is happening with Jetblue.

Get real, do you really believe these guys? You'll find out if your CEO knows what he's doing soon enough if you're filling seats in your new markets. It doesn't mean chit what the analyst clowns say about how well the "like" the moves. It just some college business school project until you're filling seats.

C-150ETOPS said:
Another sign Jetblue is becoming a regular airline.

For nearly 10 years I watched this cycle of wallstreet analysts and business media pump my company then dump on it on about a 90 day cycle. I never had the money over the period to trade on their b.s. comments but could have made $$$ on the price swings. The same thing is happening with Jetblue.

Get real, do you really believe these guys? You'll find out if your CEO knows what he's doing soon enough if you're filling seats in your new markets. It doesn't mean chit what the analyst clowns say about how well the "like" the moves. It just some college business school project until you're filling seats.

Damn...I knew it couldn't last. Well thanks for setting us straight. Time to go kick the dog.

Bavarian Chef said:
You may be right, but ease up. Since when have sw pilots on this forum gotten so anti-jb? LCCs need to stick together.

Sorry about dh, loved the js experience on them.
Ease up? I can't get enough of people like this. I'll say it again for the terminally illiterate. I want my friends at jetBlue to succeed but when people start quoting analysts as gospel that's a true ostrich with his head in the sand. However, I believe he is just completely uneducated and praying for the best outcome. Anyone making $30 an hour probably doesn't follow the markets except his own company.

Last edited:
DH2WN said:
Ease up? I can't get enough of people like this. I'll say it again for the terminally illiterate. I want my friends at jetBlue to succeed but when people start quoting analysts as gospel that's a true ostrich with his head in the sand. However, I believe he is just completely uneducated and praying for the best outcome. Anyone making $30 an hour probably doesn't follow the markets except his own company.

terminally illiterate (need I read and track every post you make?)
gospel (who mentioned a gospel? i thought mamma stated an opinion.)
completely uneducated (why would anyone be a pilot if they were educated?)

Dude, you went from 29 dollar fares to 69 dollar fares, but the arrogance you picked up from Dulles to Dallas is freakin' priceless.

starvingBLUEtail said:
Can you picture this guy at the country club trying to put on airs with local doctors and lawyers?
At least I can afford the membership at the country club. What can you afford with the 190 wage rates? The YMCA? Or is it the YWCA for you? Are both of them out of your financial reach?

Maybe you could offer your janitorial expertise for a break on the membership dues.

Last edited:
clickclickboom said:
I have about 400 hrs now with blue and i have to admit i think my block time for cabin cleaning might be just under an hour.. by the time i get out of the flightdeck and say my goodbyes to our customers there is only enough time left to take the bag off the co pilots armrest and walk back maybe the first 10 rows and toss some left over cups and headsets.. thats it no more no less..

All it takes is a little cooperation between the cabin crews and the four day trip goes great.

I have flown with a captain who is known for treating the cabin crew like crap and refuses to do anything extra.. My two days with him sucked.. I will take the team approach anytime..

It is funny how the guys that don't work here obsess over the " 5 yr contract " and " cabin cleaning" It is really quite amusing because at blue it is never discussed.

32Lt and JP4 please feel free to pick this post apart and quote it as necessary for the benefit of your regular scheduled bashfest

400 hundred hours...well now that explains a lot. No wonder you want to clean. Hard enough worrying about getting your 5 year deal renewed let alone getting off probation.

Thanks for the material

Mamma said:
Sparky??? Did you make that one up all by yourself? Real original. So you say you are not 32. I would have to assume Dave Seigel then. We have not seen him for awhile. Why the name change?

I did not ignore your post about union protection either. It is not in JBLU's interest to have a union on property so I think they will probably dance just short of the line where a union would be looked at. What mgmt wouldn't? But that being said, pay will go up soon. By the way, you should ask the bubbas over at NWA, DAL, UA, Eastern, Peidmont, US Air, ALK, Braniff and tons of others how ALPA hooked them up. When times are down you are basically screwed...union or no union. How many JB pilots are on the street after their losses? I invite you to start your own thread when that happens.

Lastly, about the thumb comment. Right. That is almost exactly what you said. "I don't help out at all. It denegrates the profession." So, METAPHORICALLY you sit around with your thumb in your ass. I just hope you don't suck it later considering all the whining you do.
What is this Smurf fixation about screen names? Is the reason you and some of your ilk so concerned about basshing that there just might possible be more than one person out there shaking their head at the cult mentality over there?

Your point about the union is well taken but you misapplied what I was saying. I agree ALPA has hosed numerous pilots and the cancer there will be corrected with a regime change and some new blood. That being said, I'd rather having ALPA protecting pilots on their worst days rather than some handshake agreement you live under. How is your aeromedical department for example? Where are the JB pilots voices or mechanisms to promote safety concerns of fight the FAA on a national level? The only taste in my mouth about safety issue from Smurfland (changed that so you won't have an coronary thinking I'm 32) was trying to obliterate duty and flight time regs.

Don't throw stones in glass houses about no JB pilots on the street yet. Super Dave has already hinted about more asset sales including aircraft.
A couple of more quarters of losses should be interesting.

You mentioned a lot of Bubbas on the street from ALPA. Would you like to compare the numbers of ruined careers and broken promises from the multitudes of failed experiment airlines JB is patterned after? i.e. Low cost. We could talk about Morris Air to start with. Take advantage of that open door policy over there and ask him just how that operation was about to go TU before Southwest took them on.

About the thumb Sparky, does that mean I would METAPHORICALLY be sucking it as well? All the good time I missed out by not playing tidy boy. Oh the agony.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back