B6 to Sell FIVE A-320s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JP4user said:
Maybe...maybe not. Either way a very assinine assumption to make given the fact that I believe you are whoring the profession to clean airplanes. But when you look at the types applying over there in Smurfville that are satisfied to fly for those 190 rates, anything is possible.

Are you insane? If you have not noticed, the topic of cleaning has been beaten to death. B6 pilots don't have to clean the cabin. It is only encouraged to speed things up if everything is already done and they are just standing around. I already addressed this topic to you earlier. Looks like you are set in your ways and nothing sinks in. By the way 32, what types are you referring to as to those at B6? Thank God they are not types like you. Negative, can't do attitude, whining and endless bitching gets any business nowhere. I recall 32 used Smurfville. Are you 32? Could not stand the heat being 32 anymore? Come on now and fess up.

bluejuice787 said:
Assumption yes, assinine no. Your attitude and tone are suspect when it comes to military bearing (no offence to non military types as this can be learned any place) and this easily leads to the assumption I made. You want handouts and we make things happen.

Handouts? This has what to do with whoring yourself by cleaning? But as I said before think what you must it really makes not one bit of difference to me. The truth however would greatly surprise you.

Mamma said:
Are you insane? If you have not noticed, the topic of cleaning has been beaten to death. B6 pilots don't have to clean the cabin. It is only encouraged to speed things up if everything is already done and they are just standing around. I already addressed this topic to you earlier. Looks like you are set in your ways and nothing sinks in. By the way 32, what types are you referring to as to those at B6? Thank God they are not types like you. Negative, can't do attitude, whining and endless bitching gets any business nowhere. I recall 32 used Smurfville. Are you 32? Could not stand the heat being 32 anymore? Come on now and fess up.

Types? Look at your W2 or your W2 from your 190 guys. Tyoes like "me" would never bother to apply or need to for that matter.

No I am not 32 but I don't care if you believe it or not. But some piece of detective work there you have done. I use the term Smurfville and that menas I am him. LOL...

I hardly believe with the kool aid atmosphere if you flat out refused (i.e standing up for your dignity) to clean the airplanes it would result in your 5 year employment contract being renewed. You would be marked for having an attitude problem.

But go ahead. Management is rolling on the floor laughing at you guys for cutting costs by being tidy boys and girls. What's next fueling?

Run along now, aisle 14 needs to have some pillows realigned.

curtaindriver said:
Who anticipated FLYi making a profit in '07? Drawing any correlation between Jetblue and FLYi is ridiculous and unfounded.

CD

You're correct that any correlation between JBLU and FLYI is rediculous. But let me try:
FLYI RJ CASM ~22 cents A319 CASM ~7 cents
JBLU E190 CASM ~13 cents A320 CASM ~8 cents

JBLU's CASM is rising significantly faster than its RASM, and this trend will be exacerbated by the E190 - I do not anticipate RASM to rise much with the addition of the E190.

FLYI had massive bills coming due for aircraft orders leases, which they were not able to meet with cash on hand and were not able to borrow money at a favorable enough rate to pay those leases in a timely manner.
JBLU has expenses for 'aircraft and related flight equipment, including estimated amounts for contractual price escalations and predelivery deposits, will be approximately $890 million for the remainder of 2006...' (from JBLU 1Q2006 10Q).
JBLU had it's credit rating lowered by Moody's in April. That will make the cost of borrowing money higher; although not significant enough that it would shut off that avenue of raising $500+ million needed to keep JBLU going through 2006.

Watch the cash on hand. Look for JBLU to do a shelf filing. Look for JBLU to issue more bonds. They are cash poor, and will need to get additional cash before the end of the year. If any of those means of raising cash is turned off to JBLU, they will be in trouble. The cash on hand is what killed FLYI. And Eastern. And Braniff. And Pan Am. And People Express.

I think that the comparison between JBLU and People Express is much more valid than comparing JBLU to FLYI. Now a comparison between JBLU and LUV would be totally absurd.

hatetoadmitit said:
I know I can't convince you that JetBlue is a good company to work for, but maybe I can help you understand why I choose the E-190 even with the pay rates. I originally wanted to work for UPS, but for some reason that job never happened. I had a real good friend that had been trying to get me to apply to JetBlue for several years. I finnally relented and was hired. I made the assumption several years ago that first year pay at any airline was going to be painful and saved money for the time when me and my family would take the financial hit. At UPS I was expecting a first year pay of $26000 at JetBlue I am expecting $35,000. At UPS second year pay would be $54,000 or $80,000 depending on the ability to upgrade from flight engineer to First Officer. At the time I was applying with UPS I probably would have been a Flight Engineer for about two years and roughly the same pay. That is only a guess not an exact upgrade time. Might be shorter. Might be longer. At JetBlue I am guessing I will upgrade in 12 to 14 months and my pay should be roughly $75,000 to $80,000 a year. But like I said that is only a guess. Might be shorter. Might be longer. And after about five years my pay should go to about $120,000 to $130,000 a year depending on my ability to upgrade to the Airbus. Again the time frame might be shorter or it might be longer. Anyways I'm getting long here. My point is that "for the first couple of years" JetBlue is financially a better company for me. There may be some things that I haven't thought about in my calculations, but they are some of the reasons I use to support the reason I came to JetBlue. I also believe that this shows we are not the only one with low pay rates "initially".

Your short term calculations are probably correct. But when the growth stops and you look at what happens then that is what you need to consider. The whole idea of accepting the low 190 rates sort of comes to the surface with your well written post. There are alot of what if and hopes in there maianly dependent on growth to move up and out of the lower pay bracket.

If you are looking back from where you would be at 60 in a worst case scenario, I still can't fathom why anyone would choose Blue as a career.

I do wish, especially level headed people like you, the best. Because raises for you is good for everyone in this industry.

JP4user said:
Some leadership example cleaning the cabins.

Who are you trying to impress the foreign speakers looking for minimum wage jobs or management laughing their tails off while you perform another job for free?

But that janitorial experince must be helping you out in this area. With part of your leading by example do the other Smurfs get to hear? Is it your speech about your aviation background complete with violin music in the background?
I just had to drop the ignore. And then I see this. I am........crushed.......humilated by my past. I will once again be condemmed to emptying trash and cleaning floors for minimum wage. Because, by JP4user's standard, I am dirt. Of course, JP4 has learned that as 3210LT, he should never divuldge information about his past or his current company, because then others could point to how his particular situation has contributed to the "downfall of the industry". JP4 has positioned himself as a sucessfull pilot in a mysterious position above any involvement in this industry's current position. This allows him to throw stones from a position of protection. Quite cowardly. Anyhow, if my fate is to return to the broom and bucket, it will be because B6 failed. If B6 fails, I will at least have worked for a company that has tried a different approach to the industry. So far they have been truthfull and forthcoming and actually employs leadership by example.
JP4, were you the guy in class who always thought you were saying funny, cutting things and then ended up being the only guy laughing at your remarks? Oh yeah, then as now you were not perseptive enough to know or care.
NEW STANDARD DISCLAIMER:
1. 190 rates are low. B6 leadership knows this and I trust them to fix it like they did 320 pay. They have a track record for doing what is right.

2. Cleaning the cabin is a different thought process. But no different than helping your loadmaster with a quick turn in the military. Its a Leadership/teamwork thing I am surprised more folks don't understand. (and hot young FA's smell better than loadmasters and their smiles of appreciation warm my old heart) I am sorry that JP4user did not understand leadership while he served in the military. Some never get it. (p.s. we do not clean the $hitters)
3. Contract/No Union--Screw ALPA. Paid dues for 8 years at NWA and recieved nothing because I was so junior. Good leadership at B6 goes a long way. The worst day at B6 is far better than a good day at ALPA.

Now I return you to your previously scheduled B6 bashfest.(bash fest?)

Last edited:
2. Cleaning the cabin is a different thought process. But no different than helping your loadmaster with a quick turn in the military. Its a Leadership/teamwork thing I am surprised more folks don't understand. (and hot young FA's smell better than loadmasters and their smiles of appreciation warm my old heart) quote]

I can second that :) especially in the reserves where the loads tend to be on the back half of their careers.
It's kinda of sad when were slamming the blue drivers for helping out their fellow employee's...I know for a fact that at my legacy carrier, it's a US vs THEM kind of attitude....Sad really, when CSR's , F/A's and mechanics have this us against them attitude,instead of trying to work together to put out the best possible product. It really serves no real purpose but to make for a crappy working environment.

Best of luck BLUE.

Koko

Ditto...thanks

koko nw said:
2. Cleaning the cabin is a different thought process. But no different than helping your loadmaster with a quick turn in the military. Its a Leadership/teamwork thing I am surprised more folks don't understand. (and hot young FA's smell better than loadmasters and their smiles of appreciation warm my old heart) quote]

I can second that :) especially in the reserves where the loads tend to be on the back half of their careers.
It's kinda of sad when were slamming the blue drivers for helping out their fellow employee's...I know for a fact that at my legacy carrier, it's a US vs THEM kind of attitude....Sad really, when CSR's , F/A's and mechanics have this us against them attitude,instead of trying to work together to put out the best possible product. It really serves no real purpose but to make for a crappy working environment.

Best of luck BLUE.

Koko
Thanks Koko,
The Avitar is great. I remember those days.

Latest resources

Back