B6 to Sell FIVE A-320s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IB6 UB9 said:
You've changed your tune over the last week or so...or are you just growing tired of masking your true colors?

My tune has always been the same. The tone is lower per moderator request.

B6Driver said:
The real, true reason that this profession is on the decline is that pilots never pass up the opportunity to blast away at a fellow flyer. So much for sticking together as a cohesive group of professionals earning a buck in an honest profession.

Sad!

In your case that is about 2/3 rd's of a buck on the 190. Now that is sad.

Thanks for making my point with all your sharp whit.

"The tone is lower per moderator request."

I disagree. It is you that is sad; get a life.

So to sum this up,
By getting rid of these 320's profitably and employing the 190's to open new markets while still growing at 20+ percent is a bad plan? This seems to be the emphesis. You can not think of this in terms of running your household budget. To employ your new business plan, sometimes the positioning causes a minor loss. The 320's sale is a case in point. The loss is minimal compared with the overall mechanics of the company. I think Active Herk got the picture earlier in this thread when you factor in depretiation. In the real estate market, investors shed assets after they are fully depreciated because after that point, they lose a tax/profit advantage. American is shedding 757's. In bk, Delta and NWA are threatening to shed all kinds of airplanes--and suprise! The lease rates drop. B6 is taking advantage of the "new" rates and offloading assets that are more expensive. B6 has decreased its expansion from 3X% to 2X%. This can be done by halting incoming assets (that are cheaper) or by getting rid of older assets (that are more expensive) Which do you think they should do?
STANDARD DISCLAIMER:
1. 190 rates are low. B6 leadership knows this and I trust them to fix it like they did 320 pay.
2. Cleaning the cabin is a different thought process. But no different than helping your loadmaster with a quick turn in the military. Its a Leadership/teamwork thing I am surprised more folks don't understand. (and hot young FA's smell better than loadmasters and their smiles of appreciation warm my old heart)
3. Contract/No Union--Screw ALPA. Paid dues for 8 years at NWA and recieved nothing because I was so junior. Good leadership at B6 goes a long way.

Now I return you to your previously scheduled B6 bashfest.

Oh great,
I notice JP4user has had 9 cups of coffee and is chirping in with non stop drivel. Chirp on, oh man with no life. Sting us with your humorless, immature nonsence. Make us roll our eyes with your ignorance while we struggle with ourselves over whether to actually respond to you, or whether we should look for your parents and ask them to spank you. Sting on, oh bothersome gnat! Hurt us with your words. Your posts are reminesent of the Spongebob Squarepants episode where Spongebob rips his pants and he gets humorous attention, so he continues to bend over and rip his pants until he learns a valuable lesson: people burnout with the same old material over and over and over. So I think it is probably time for a new screenname so you can re-create yourself.

STANDARD DISCLAIMER:
1. 190 rates are low. B6 leadership knows this and I trust them to fix it like they did 320 pay.
2. Cleaning the cabin is a different thought process. But no different than helping your loadmaster with a quick turn in the military. Its a Leadership/teamwork thing I am surprised more folks don't understand. (and hot young FA's smell better than loadmasters and their smiles of appreciation warm my old heart)
3. Contract/No Union--Screw ALPA. Paid dues for 8 years at NWA and recieved nothing because I was so junior. Good leadership at B6 goes a long way.

Now I return you to your previously scheduled B6 bashfest.

JP4user said:
My tune has always been the same. The tone is lower per moderator request.

I disagree...you started out in a respectful debate on another thread and now you've sunk into 32's category. Why? You seem to spend a pile of time on this board posting your derogatory comments will very little else to offer. Why?

B6Driver said:
The real, true reason that this profession is on the decline is that pilots never pass up the opportunity to blast away at a fellow flyer. So much for sticking together as a cohesive group of professionals earning a buck in an honest profession.

Sad!

Silly me; I thought it was that we've got pilots who are willing to offer their services for a buck an hour less than their fellow pilots. Shore up the payscales at every airline and I think that you'll find pilots being much more civil.
But to entertain your thought ... how do you propose that pilots stick together as a cohesive group of professionals? I'll suggest a novel concept: a national pilots' union. What's your suggestion?

Andy said:
Silly me; I thought it was that we've got pilots who are willing to offer their services for a buck an hour less than their fellow pilots. Shore up the payscales at every airline and I think that you'll find pilots being much more civil.
But to entertain your thought ... how do you propose that pilots stick together as a cohesive group of professionals? I'll suggest a novel concept: a national pilots' union. What's your suggestion?

Yeah, that's working for the air traffic controllers. Didn't they just have a contract imposed on them? Who knows what the solution is.

No matter how good the deal, airline pilots = whiny bitches.

IB6 UB9 said:
I disagree...you started out in a respectful debate on another thread and now you've sunk into 32's category. Why? You seem to spend a pile of time on this board posting your derogatory comments will very little else to offer. Why?
The bile sent back my way from SOME of you JB brothers had something to do with the venting. I am a live and let live person but the attitudes displayed is a reason that for better or worse you guys have a lousy reputation within the industry.

Those same attitudes embrace a pathetic pay scale on the 190 and change for far's to start with. That kind of arrogance about Blue only let's you management bend you over and in the long run, it filters down to the rest of the industry.

B6Driver said:
Thanks for making my point with all your sharp whit.

I disagree. It is you that is sad; get a life.
You're welcome but the point is, naturally, lost on you.

I'm not sad at all. Fact is, especially for guys like you, the train wreck headed your way will not even be noticed until it is to late. What possible reason could I have to be sad?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back