• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B19 Flyer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also, remember that you ain't the boss of me, but I could be the boss of you.

Well, I know you're not my boss. And even if you were, I wouldn't fear you. I work at a UNION shop.

Do you want to threaten me too? Bring it on.

who is this "bob" guy at flops anyway?

Well ... that would be "Bob" Tyler who just happened to cross the line at Eastern. He has been on the mgmt negotiating committee since the beginning, but his actions at the table are comical ... sleeping, avoiding negotiations to play golf, calling in pilots for trumped up "charges", etc.

Well, I know you're not my boss. And even if you were, I wouldn't fear you. I work at a UNION shop.

Do you want to threaten me too? Bring it on.

I know how the grievance process works. It lets pilots that his comrades don't want to fly with keep there jobs even when the union defenders know they should get fired. I've seen more than one pilot survive the process with unsafe tendencies.

As a union pilot, no... you wouldn't fear for your job, but that doesn't mean that safety is enhanced or the traveling public is better off for it.

Last but not least, my statement wasn't a threat. What it did was simply point out to Semore that he can't fire me, he isn't in a position to fire me because he is only a pilot without big-picture decision making ability or experience. However, I am in that position and have made the tough cuts before. By virtue of experience alone, he'll never be the boss of me but I could very well be the boss of him.

However, I am in that position and have made the tough cuts before. By virtue of experience alone, he'll never be the boss of me but I could very well be the boss of him.

Would you mind expanding on these "tough cuts" which you've had to make. Would just like to examine your thoguht process in these matters. I'd like to know how you arrive at your decisions.

nice post.....the problem for you is ANYONE can be in management. It don't require any special kind of training or testing. No one dies when you make a bad decision.

nice post.....the problem for you is ANYONE can be in management. It don't require any special kind of training or testing. No one dies when you make a bad decision.

Very true, but I find that those that complain the most and join unions to bully existing management won't take the responsibility and become management themselves. They can't take the pressure.

And you are wrong about nobody dying when a bad decision is made at the managment level. Most accidents happen as a result of system failures rather than individual failures. That is why not becoming part of the management structure when you deem you could contribute is so detrimental to the entire group.

B19,

What does "For Entertainment Only!!!" under your username in your profile mean?

Is this some form of legal hedging by posting your opinions on a message board? More evidence of who you really are...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back