• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B19 Flyer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it's sadder when a union pulls down an entire company due to greed and inaction. You are worried about only pilots. It shows your complete lack of vision.

I'm concerned about the viability of an entire company, all the workers within the company, all the passengers that fly on the company, all the vendors that rely on the company for income, all the investors that place their trust in the company and the community that depends on the existance of the company.

When a union has a CBA and fails to respond to changes in the marketplace, the pain is extended far and beyound that of just a handful of pilots.

But you wouldn't know that because you can't see beyound that of the tip of your greedy, insensitive union mongering nose.

Dude, it's obvious you're FLOPS... that being said, your so called company has been somewhat of a joke from the beginning. It's like a rent-a-wreck dealership. You think it was the union that is bringing it down???? NO WAY! The union is trying to make YOU GUYS play by some sort of rules so the pilots can do their jobs without fear. I've been here for 10 years and I love the fact that I don't have to get on my knees in order to keep my job. That's how you like it isn't it?

NOTE: It's not the pilots who are a joke, it's the operation and the people running the show. I figured I'd make that clear before someone spins it.

Last edited:
ok for the 4th time now, try to answer this please.

If there was no union, would the company pay me what I am worth?

I'll take an easy stab at it. There are companies out there that are operated by people who truly respect their employees and reward them for the work they do. These companies are few and far between. When talking about a company such as FLOPS and NJA, you're talking about companies that employ thousands of people. At that point, it becomes a money machine. There are no names, just numbers. As the company grows and makes more and more money, the upper management people begin to lose sight of the "family" values that it started with. Success turns to greed and that's where the employees start to lose their footing. Management at companies of this size care about one thing... profit. The less they have to pay their employees, the more they can take for themselves. Having a union in place ensures that this upper management team plays by some sort of rules. It prevents the working fools from being screwed out of the things they are entitled to.

Have the unions caused companies to go out of business? Probably, but look at how that particular company was being run in the first place. While the big guys at the top were building their golden parachutes as the company was losing money, they were asking the union for concessions. Seeing what management was doing, they said "no way." This eventually caused a few places to go under and that's what B19 uses as proof. Forget about what the big cheeses were doing at the same time. That's not something he wants to address. Why would he? It would make HIM look bad.

Dude, it's obvious you're FLOPS... that being said, your so called company has been somewhat of a joke from the beginning.

Wow...what would NetJets have been considered at that time? Eeek. How embarrassing for you, especially when you're back there again. Can't wait to dredge these threads back up (posts of those spouting such crap).

Buffet made it a really respectable company I bet, paying less than Wal-Mart pilots for crap rules too

I'll take an easy stab at it. There are companies out there that are operated by people who truly respect their employees and reward them for the work they do. These companies are few and far between. When talking about a company such as FLOPS and NJA, you're talking about companies that employ thousands of people. At that point, it becomes a money machine. There are no names, just numbers. As the company grows and makes more and more money, the upper management people begin to lose sight of the "family" values that it started with. Success turns to greed and that's where the employees start to lose their footing. Management at companies of this size care about one thing... profit. The less they have to pay their employees, the more they can take for themselves. Having a union in place ensures that this upper management team plays by some sort of rules. It prevents the working fools from being screwed out of the things they are entitled to.

Have the unions caused companies to go out of business? Probably, but look at how that particular company was being run in the first place. While the big guys at the top were building their golden parachutes as the company was losing money, they were asking the union for concessions. Seeing what management was doing, they said "no way." This eventually caused a few places to go under and that's what B19 uses as proof. Forget about what the big cheeses were doing at the same time. That's not something he wants to address. Why would he? It would make HIM look bad.

That's a real well thought out reply. I don;t know why you wasted it here....lol

The problem is management don't realize that WE the crewmembers are the ones that directly control the future of the company. Not management. Let's face it, we sell a product. Our profits are a direct result of customers paying for a service they could probly live without. It would suck for them but it's not like we are making food or medicine or something. The pilots are the ones the customers see, they talk to, they confide in.

NJ's knows this, this is why they pay us accordinly. During '04-'05 moral was so bad the owners seen this. After all, they don't talk to management. It was us the pilots that made this company what it is.

It will be a long time before furloughs happen, the company has about a thousand places to tighten up the cash leakage before we would even consider ANY kind of consession. Our salaries represent about 10% of the money that is "moved" out the door. And everyone here knows it. Pay cuts, furloughs, etc would just ruin everything we all built. Stupid spending is the first thing to be looked at, dumbass scheduling would be looked at, and retarded sales people would be spoken to.

Im sure people hate unions for whatever reason. I hate how unions (auto makers) pay someone $25 hour to sweep the floor. That is absurd, but, that's how things are. We as pilots on the otherhand have a responsiblity that is so far above any manager it don't even register on the responsibilty chart. We need this union to keep management in check, that is all. Othewise we would be paid crap. We're not fresh outta high school on our first job, we are highly skilled pilots and that is the way it is. You can't change it.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Wow...what would NetJets have been considered at that time? Eeek. How embarrassing for you, especially when you're back there again. Can't wait to dredge these threads back up (posts of those spouting such crap).

Buffet made it a really respectable company I bet, paying less than Wal-Mart pilots for crap rules too

Having worked for both companies (FLOPS and NJ), I don't think either side has a flawless history and neither is in much of a position to throw stones, considering. Both pilot groups and companies are in process.

Latest resources

Back