AWA/ US Airways pilot seniority integration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FurloughedAgain said:
It is my understanding that those currently furloughed would REMAIN on furlough-status regardless of where their new seniority falls.
You are correct.

Why you all treat Marty so bad? He is entitled to his opinion just like you are yours. You don't have to like his position any more than he likes yours.

Just remember one thing. When the inevitable arbitration is over, you will be on the same team. I would suggest getting used to that fact.

A350

Hey Marty,

I'll bite. How about all those 14-18yr US Air guys that have been coming over here for the past couple years? It must have been their awesome career expectations. Ohh wait a second....doesn't it say something about career expections in the ALPA merger policy. Ohhhh, and AWA guys don't get too riled about his comments, he obviously plays for the other team.

I know a guy currently at AWA that still has his USAir seniority number. He said AWA never made him resign it. Does that mean that he can choose where to go in the final seniority list? Meaning if he'd have better seniority keeping his US number can he keep it even though he currently works for AWA?

I am curious to see how the integration happen. AT Delduh, we just authorized an assessment of .025% for merger committee expenses to protect and fight for us in the event of a merger.

Now I'm no genius and only had a 3.9 GPA in grad school, but, why in the heck would DALPA be funding a merger committee if (behind closed doors with KY) something was brewing?

psysix said:
Does that mean that he can choose where to go in the final seniority list?
I'm sure this situation will be spelled out in detail but I'd presume he'll get the better number.

Helos2Galaxy said:
...why in the heck would DALPA be funding a merger committee if (behind closed doors with KY) something was brewing?
Every substantial-sized carrier should have a merger fund and a committee ready to go, brewing or not.

MCDU said:
Well, for those of you ill informed. There are a few hundred pilots on furlough at US Airways that have worked there for 15 yrs and held Captain positions.

One of my best friends was a Metro Jet Capt. and this is his first furlough. Get the facts.cheers
Marty

Boo F'ing Hoo! Tell your buddy to get in line behind all of us former TWA CAPTAINS who are out on the street. When ALPA failed to stand behind the TWA pilot group the die was cast for future mergers.

USAir is in bankruptcy for the second time. The pilots have no career expectations. How mergers were done by the bankrupt USAir has no bearing on how future mergers will be done.

As for your comments about the AWA pilot group, I'd rather fly with ANY Cactus pilot (except for one...) ANY day than someone like you or 90% of the USAir pilots I've run into over the years.TC

AA717driver said:
As for your comments about the AWA pilot group, I'd rather fly with ANY Cactus pilot (except for one...)
Jeepers, TC, you might as well have spelled out my name and SSN! :laugh:

Latest resources

Back