AWA/ US Airways pilot seniority integration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
xrated said:
I believe that 180 days includes arbitration, though its said they can take as little or as much time as it takes.

Due to the DOH stand at UsAir (shouldn't be a surprise to anyone) it is without much doubt it is in fact on its way to arbitration. Any talk about what we all think is going to happen is pointless since it will be up to the arbitrators to decide the fate of how seniority is integrated and who in fact will be on the list.

Yeah I agree. As far as the 180 days and what it includes, well, you are probably right. I am not really well versed in this stuff...
Andy

I believe that 180 days includes arbitration, though its said they can take as little or as much time as it takes.

So- if it takes more time as opposed to less time to finish arbitration and more pilots are needed on either side of the fence- then what? Cancel flights, move flights from AWA to US Airways or vice versa?

I know it is all speculation on what is going to be the outcome and this issue has been speculated to death in the past but I just wanted to know where you guys were at with this issue at the present time.

Formula1

T.a.

The transition agreement states that if more pilots are to be hired at the AWA side (which is all I can speak for) then the furloughed pilots from US will get first right of refusal on these openings. Last I heard AWA is going to need some more pilots this spring. Until it happens though it's nothing but rumor...
Andy

Formula1,

I'm in the East. The "stapled" thing is the strong opinion of the frequent West posters here that furloughed pilots will (or should) be stapled. They believe it's their birthright to have a 1600 pilot furlough cushion below them plus a head start on the wild run up the seniority list that has mostly uEast retirements in front of them. Sad, the selfish attitudes displayed here.

Merry Christmas!

We are definitely not short of pilots right now. Personal leaves of absence have been offered for the last four months. After seven months of being a junior lineholder I'm back on reserve in January. We're still experiencing negative growth with numerous East airplanes and a handful of West planes going away as scheduled. No update recently about hiring (recalling) plans.

As far as the integration talks there's obviously still a wide gap between the sides and I see no point in debating the differences of opinon. USA wants DOH and AWA wants some king of ratio/relative seniority. Additionally, I've no doubt that the 150 day clock will be extended further if desired. Frankly I see no need to rush; it's the company that wants the integration and new CBA so it can realize it's "synergies".

TWA Dude said:
Frankly I see no need to rush; it's the company that wants the integration and new CBA so it can realize it's "synergies".

Good point, Dude....

Every time we rush something for the company they win and we loose.

BeCareful! said:
Formula1,

I'm in the East. The "stapled" thing is the strong opinion of the frequent West posters here that furloughed pilots will (or should) be stapled. They believe it's their birthright to have a 1600 pilot furlough cushion below them plus a head start on the wild run up the seniority list that has mostly uEast retirements in front of them. Sad, the selfish attitudes displayed here.

Merry Christmas!

Oh,give it a rest already,will you please? The only ones who are talking about getting stapled are furloughed USAir guys like yourself. The arbitrator will assign everyone new senority numbers. If you are furloughed you will remain on furlough status with your new senority number and will get recalled in senority order when positions become available at the 'new and improved' :rolleyes: USAirways. At that point you will be slotted in at whatever position your new senority number can hold . Quit feeling sorry for yourself......oh, and Merry Christmas.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Hey Lear Love

Are you saying that a mda guy that was on property the day the merger announcement was made is considered as "active" USAir pilot, therefore they get recall in front on a furloughed pilot who didn't go to mda?

Didn't a judge just rule on this?

I'm just asking because I don't know the answer, and unless I missed something from US west management has no idea about this, Not that it is any of their business, but Parker was asked about this last week in PHL and had no idea.

It will be an interesting battle at US east if MDA guys think they should get recalled before their senior "brothers".

I'm not trying to bait you' I'm just trying to sort this crap out. I'm so far down the list I can't see daylight at noon so it will be a long time before it gets to me.

D

PS. Be careful, I agree with phxflyr, the only talk about stapeling is on the USAir side as far as I can tell, and I run into BOTH crews regularly.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back