• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWA/U Seniority Food Fight - The First Salvo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You all need to shut your pie holes as everyone already knows both mainline U and AWA are getting stapled to the bottom of MidAtlantic. O wait, hmmm that doen't work because MDA is mainline, that means we are stapling our own back to us. Guess thats like stapling your own a$$ shut. Yeah thats what I went, you guys need to staple your a$$ shut.

Just kidding, its very boreing here in the crashpad.

The best thing I can say to the USAirways pilots is, at least American didn't buy you. You might have a fighting chance. I don't foresee you guys hearing "We are major league baseball players, and you guys are the hot-dog vendors in our ballpark." from their union. Trust me, mergers are always ugly. If, at the ned of the seniority integration everyone is a little pissed, then it was pretty fair. When the TWA buyout was announced, you could just hear the senior AA Nazi F/O's drooling over the new 1,300 Capt positions they thought they should be able to bid.

How about mini-triathalon. A mile swim, 35 mile bike, and 10 mile run. Your place across the finish line gives your senoirty number.

TWA 2 ASA FO said:
The best thing I can say to the USAirways pilots is, at least American didn't buy you. You might have a fighting chance. I don't foresee you guys hearing "We are major league baseball players, and you guys are the hot-dog vendors in our ballpark." from their union. Trust me, mergers are always ugly. If, at the ned of the seniority integration everyone is a little pissed, then it was pretty fair. When the TWA buyout was announced, you could just hear the senior AA Nazi F/O's drooling over the new 1,300 Capt positions they thought they should be able to bid.

Ha ha ha what a bunch of horse sheet!

1300 Capt positions.... boy oh boy lemme have whatever you're smoking dude!

What he MEANT to say was, "When the TWA buyout was announced, you could just hear the senior AND junior TWAliban pilots drooling over 777 positions they thought they should be able to hold..." Not to mention, a savior!

P.S. Note to most sane and normal TWA pilots I've had the pleasure to meet and work with.... this post only applies to the minority of you guys that have this idiot's attitude... of which we all have at all airlines.

P.S.S. Seems like, at the end of this lovely little integration, everyone form both sides is a little pissed... what does that tell you Genius?

Last edited:
TheDonger said:
TWA 2 ASA FO said:
I don't foresee you guys hearing "We are major league baseball players, and you guys are the hot-dog vendors in our ballpark." from their union.
Did they REALLY say that?

No, the APA never said that. It's just another bitter TWA Furloughee spreading more lies about the buyout and integration.

Thank God I am watching this integration from the sidelines. I never wanna go through that ever again.

typhoonpilot said:
Okay, first of all, nobody is going to get furloughed. It wouldn't make sense. USAirways is actually recalling all pilots on a leave of absence because they are short of pilots. They are losing ( according to another post ) and average of 1.2 pilots per day. That would be 438 pilots per year if you don't want to do the math. Guys are retiring, taking other jobs, etc. The taking other jobs reason may slow down the numbers now that the merger has been announced, but the retirements remain. Almost all active USAirway pilots will be retired in 15 years.

TP

By the rough numbers I've seen, there are about 5000 pilots combined. The plan calls for 371 aircraft. Assuming a 5:1 crew ratio, we are currently about 1300 pilots in excess. Of course, there are several years to retire/attrit 1300 pilots, but can or will it be done by "integration date" with retirements and attrition alone? I sure hope so, but can't imagine it -- especially with Age 60 likely to change during the time frame.

Ugly times ahead. God bless us all.

There seems to be a lot of worry on the US Airways about AWA guys coming and flying A330's internationally. A good note for you US Airways guys is that I haven't run into any AWA guy who wants to move to the east or fly international. We like our short leg stuff. The fewer time zones we cross the better. I really think you're overestimating the desire of our guys to come over. I don't want to go to the humidity and cold any more than you want to come to the "valley of the sun...and heat...and fire." I'd worry more about our same pay for all aircraft bleeding over to you guys.

By the way, record heat forecasted for the weekend in PHX. 112 on Sun.

Well, here's another AWA newbie that agrees with: All furloughed pilots should be hired back BEFORE any off the street pilots. There, I said it. I don't care if you don't like me, my wife and daughter love me and that's all I need to know. (and of course if I get to stay in PHX) :D

Latest resources

Back