AWA/U Seniority Food Fight - The First Salvo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JetMonkey said:
Well, here's another AWA newbie that agrees with: All furloughed pilots should be hired back BEFORE any off the street pilots. There, I said it. I don't care if you don't like me, my wife and daughter love me and that's all I need to know. (and of course if I get to stay in PHX) :D

you wouldn't be saying that if you were in the "pool" or waiting for an interview. why not just let them "merge" in with their date of hire. i'd bet you would be screaming how unfair that is, but hey they were hired before you weren't they?

Good to see the AA nasty attitude is alive and well. All you selfish pricks can choke on my MD-80 captain job. In time, me and my new home will eat your lunch and collect the check you SNB are due me.
Say what you wish but I never jumped for joy. I knew your history and they don't call you nazi's for nothing.
Save you reply.

Before the merger the fleet plan included delivery of 11 more airbuses till the end of the year. Now those 11 are going to be pushed back till 2009 and we will park 6 737 300’s and 4 A319. Not sure if we will have any furloughs but it is rumored.

Jim

http://www.alphapilottraining.com

racerX said:
There seems to be a lot of worry on the US Airways about AWA guys coming and flying A330's internationally.

Hmm, any more than the AWA guys who worry about USAir copilots trying to take all of the AWA captain jobs?

B6Driver said:
Good to see the AA nasty attitude is alive and well. All you selfish pricks can choke on my MD-80 captain job. In time, me and my new home will eat your lunch and collect the check you SNB are due me.
Say what you wish but I never jumped for joy. I knew your history and they don't call you nazi's for nothing.
Save you reply.

Make that two TWA furloughees that are bitter about the acquisition and integration.

B6Driver said:
Save you reply.

Whoa man......get it together.

Put down the vodka and think happy thoughts........It wil all be OK in the monrning.

Hi!

Who was Racer X?

That was a burning question for me in Grade 7. I loved Speed Racer!!

Cliff
YIP

PS-I just bought that for my kid on DVD.

B6Driver said:
Save you reply.

HA HA HA Ha....

"Your MD80 Captain Job".... "Collect the check due me"....

You are out to lunch dude! But thanks for giving me the laugh of the day!

Up yours Buster!

You and your "new home" (house of cards, that is) deserve each other. Don't come crying bach here when your recall comes, save it for someone who earned the job.

Later dude,

Last edited:
Dangerkitty said:
Make that two TWA furloughees that are bitter about the acquisition and integration.

Go cry in your soup bowl with B6 driver, you two make a pretty cute pair.

Thank God the two of you don't represent the professionalism of most of the other TWA crews I've had the pleasure to meet. Guess all airlines have their bad apples.

Last edited:
I was hired in '73 following one merger and sat through two more in the ensuing 30 years. These deals are understandably very emotional issues for the participants. There is no certifiable right or wrong ( except for the TWA thing ). The "right" thing happened if your ox didn't get gored; someone's WILL.

Before this is over, otherwise rational people will say some pretty incredible things and harbor resentment that will go with them to the grave. Just the way it is...

Good luck to all involved.

Latest resources

Back