• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

aviation movies...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about Executive Decision. Kurt Russell was a student pilot about to solo, and in the end lands a 747 that was hijacked.

Rythm3 said:
How about Executive Decision. Kurt Russell was a student pilot about to solo, and in the end lands a 747 that was hijacked.

almost as good as Turbulence with ray liotta and lauren holly.

lowlycfi said:
Tuskegee Airmen, The Right Stuff, Flight of the Intruder

"Lay it in on me Sandy....I'd do it for you."

Taht was lame, but

Rythm3 said:

I laughed my butt of when Kurt Russel went around at Dulles to plow it in at FDK, Frederick because he learned there. A Hollywood plane flick!

"The Great Waldo Pepper" is an excellent story covering the post WW1 development of aviation and another called "Spitfire" covers the development of the Spit (imagine that) and the 30's air racing scene.

There was a Disney Movie that centered around a soaring club. There was a scene where the glider on tow does a roll and is being towed inverted. I can't remeber the title.

Executive Decision was awful. Good entertainment right up until Russell has to get into the left seat and have an FA read him checklists out of the AOM. Hilarious. Ruined an otherwise suspenseful if not slightly entertaining flick.

Fighter Pilot

Forget all that pablum aviation stuff you have been watching. Go see Fighter Pilot in an IMAX theater. Simply the best, no BS flying you will ever get to see on screen. Almost like being there. Really awsome photography and sound. To compare this movie with something like Top Gun would be like comparing a Ferrari F1 car to some Honda Hybrid. I guess you can tell I liked it!

Latest resources

Back