aviation movies...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jeff Helgeson said:
Doesn't it end with an evacutaion where he returns for the flask in his coat?

Then shows him crop dusting in the end?

Yeah, he takes early retirement (pensions were guaranteed... hmmmmm) and returns to flying for fun. When he resigns, he says something like his heart wasn't in it anymore... and this was back in the day before sexual harrasment suits and the TSA!!

Cloud Dancer (david Carridine)

1980 release...

CLOUD DANCER. Awesome flying with Pitts Specials in aerobatic competition, drug running etc. I have one copy on DVD and VHS. Great flying flick. David Carradine the "Kong Fu" guy is in it.

Also:

THE WAR LOVER
BRIDGES OVER TOKO RI
THE HUNTERS
BAA BAA Blacksheep season 1 on DVD (I love the Corsair)

RightBettor said:
Yeah, he takes early retirement (pensions were guaranteed... hmmmmm) and returns to flying for fun. When he resigns, he says something like his heart wasn't in it anymore... and this was back in the day before sexual harrasment suits and the TSA!!

THAT IS A GREAT MOVIE!

Esp. when he takes his daughter up in the Pitts S-2A, that was filmed out in Homestead right at Curtis Pitts's place. And the reference to "Skeeter" is actually a National pilot. I was told a lot of National guys flew the DC-8 for the film.

I am trying to find a copy on DVD, my VHS one is getting old.

Ha, National didn't fly DC-8s....only B757s, gotcha!!!:beer:

:eek:
Only kidding

SWA/FO said:
Ha, National didn't fly DC-8s....only B757s, gotcha!!!:beer:

:eek:
Only kidding

I HOPE YOU ARE "ONLY KIDDING" Or you will be buying ME a LOT of beer!

(For those of you confused, w are talking about the OLD NATIONAL based in MIA that was bought by Pan-Am)

Iron Eagle: ridiculous plot and overall crappy movie; kickin' soundtrack.

The Battle of Britain is one of my favorites - you don't see that many Hurricanes and Spitfires flying anymore.

Wasn't there a mini-series on PBS years ago about an American who flew with the RAF - even had a scene of a Spitfire flying under a bridge......??

sandman,

You're referring to "Piece of Cake", a British miniseries from the late '80s. Oustanding flick; lots of great flying sequences (all Spitfires, no Hurricanes) and a lot more character development than most aviation films. I have the 6-tape VHS set (it's about 12 hours long) that I ordered from Armchair Aviator or some other such place. I break it out once ina while when I can wrestle the TV away from the kids. Highly recommended.

I've got a long list of others that I'll have to sit down and figure out. Dittos on the Blue Max, Bridges at Toko Ri.

By the way, nice avatar. I may have to go home and wake up the wife now.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back