• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

aviation movies...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BAT 21 is a pretty good movie although more of a survival story. Another film is an old Disney movie with Elliot Gould called The Last Flight of Noah's Ark. Gould is ferrying a B-29 somewhere in the south pacific, gets lost and crashes on an island inhabited by two Japanese soldiers who haven't heard that war ended. It's a typical cheesy Disney movie from the '70's, but there are some GREAT scenes of the B-29 in flight. I also read somewhere that Ernest K Gann came up with the original story idea. A film I would like to see is the one "Airplane's" story line was taken from. I believe it's called Zero Hour or Ceiling Zero or something like that. Anyone heard of it?

A Gathering of Eagles

Great Cold War SAC movie. I can't find it on DVD yet, but great scenes of B-52's and KC-135's. If you ever sat alert or endured a SAC ORI, you need to see it.

Sluggo_63 said:
Great Cold War SAC movie. I can't find it on DVD yet, but great scenes of B-52's and KC-135's. If you ever sat alert or endured a SAC ORI, you need to see it.

That made me think of a couple with Jimmy Stewart:

Strategic Air Command and
Spirit of St. Louis

lowlycfi said:
"Look man, I hate SAMs....I get all worked up just thinkin' about them."

"When ya fire the Shrike, don't look at it...it'll blind ya!!"

Jeff Helgeson said:
I laughed my butt of when Kurt Russel went around at Dulles to plow it in at FDK, Frederick because he learned there. A Hollywood plane flick!

The problem is...FDK was actually SMO...recognize that tower from any angle...you would think the producers of most of these aviation movies would actually consult...aviators!! I know...the general public doesn't know the difference, and then when there is some aviation event, it's up to the media to straighten it all out...and of coarse they learned from the movies!! Ok...I'm done now...

skiav8tor said:
I know...the general public doesn't know the difference, and then when there is some aviation event, it's up to the media to straighten it all out...and of coarse they learned from the movies!! Ok...I'm done now...
You mean going on a bombing mission doesn't simply involve hopping in an F-16, with the dreaded "Hades bomb" strapped to it and rocking out to Queen and Dio on a 1985 era walkman? Sorry, I can't leave Iron Eagle alone on this issue.

The original Iron Eagle was at least somewhat believable...but 2-8 were outta control!!??

JB newbie? What class?

First, put in AIRPANE and laugh your arse off. Then follow that up with The High and the Mighty. Oh My God!! You will see the light and the light shall set your free!!

Gregory Peck and Twelve O'Clock High.
Mathew Modine and Memphis Bell
Ernie Gann's and
The Blaze of Noon
Alan Arkin and Catch 22
Janet Leigh (zoom) and Jet Pilot

Charlie Sheen and Hot Shots (1)

lowlycfi said:
"Look man, I hate SAMs....I get all worked up just thinkin' about them."

And don't forget "Yawn....lets go home!"

BUT THE BEST IS THE WAR LOVER:

B-17 crew and the F/O remarks about the sun coming up, the Capt says "DAWNS ARE FOR CO-PILOTS"

I love that one......."Dawns are for Co-pilots"

Latest resources

Back