aviation movies...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ben Dover

I recently joined Netflix and am looking for recommendations on aviation related movies. Movies about airmen, airlines, air battles would all quality. The more historically accurate the better.

Thanks in advance,
BD

Some of my favorites, although not totally historically accurate are "Midway", "Tora Tora Tora" and "Memphis Belle".

I would give honorable mention to "The final countdown" (just because I liked the premise of the movie).

I kinda liked the original "Flight of the Phoenix" with Jimmy Stewart.

I totally hated "Pearl Harbour" (the one with B-Fleck..what a piece of garbage)

Dr. Strangelove

I know and flew with the guy who did a lot of the flying in that movie. Most of it was the C-123, but he's flown tons of aircraft. Good dude, fair to middlin' movie.

Phaedrus said:
Dr. Strangelove

Thats a great one. Last time I saw it was my senior year of college. Took a class on "the history of the atomic bomb and atomic era". Got to watch all sorts of explostions. gotta love higher education.

Phaedrus said:
I know and flew with the guy who did a lot of the flying in that movie. Most of it was the C-123, but he's flown tons of aircraft. Good dude, fair to middlin' movie.

Is that Dave K.? How do you know him? I flew with him at the customs service - he took a leave of abscence to go make the movie.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back