aviation movies...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hamburgler said:

I almost cryed when they dropped that '67 Corvette...even though they didn't actually drop it!! I had a chance to buy that car for 35k, but bought a '66 with the higher HP engine...should bought the '67...oh well, more hindsight!!

lol - that sucks, but sounds like you still made out! Did you like Gone in 60 Seconds? No airplanes to speak of, but lots of cars and Nicholas Cage again.

I used to fly his G3...he has lot's of great cars, including Eleanor...but he never drives them!! I volunteered on several occasions...still waiting!!

haha, that's crazy! Is he a nice guy? I've heard (obviously this is from magazines, etc. lol!), that he's kind of a prick. Please tell me it ain't true though, I love his flicks!

I'll make your day...I have seen no evidence of him being unkind...when he is on the plane, he keeps to himself...unless his drinking pals are on board...then it is difficult to hear ATC over the stereo!! He is also very nice to anyone that he encounters...mostly quiet and reserved...good guy! J. Lo...now there's a biiaatchh...!!

good flick

Fandango

Early 80'sKevin Costner movie. There's only a minor part about flying, but it is priceless. Anyone remember this one?

lol, this is great info - US Weekly would pay you for this stuff! I read in some entertainment rag that Nicholas Cage practices some intense form of acting where he "becomes" the character and can get really fussy on set. But who knows if all that crap is true - I'd take your word since you were in a much more real scenerio where he could have been an a-hole and wasn't. And I've read about his car collection, I don't know who to stalk first - him or Jay Leno...

Have any other insight into the world of celebs??

Sandlapper said:
Fandango

Early 80'sKevin Costner movie. There's only a minor part about flying, but it is priceless. Anyone remember this one?

Yep...that's classic!! I particularly liked the pothead pilot of the jump plane...the old Caddy was pretty cool too!!

Lot's of insight...but I'd have to kill you afterward...the company I flew for managed several (read: A LOT) of celeb's aircraft...Can hardly think of a trip that didn't have a celeb on board...most of them are just real people, and enjoy their privacy...usually very nice to the people they encounter at the FBO's, and all of the flight crews...

Actually...to get this thread back on course...Nick did an aviation movie...can't remember the name...Fire-something, about military helicopters...?!?!? Some help from the military guys here please...Tommy Lee Jones was his nemesis...

Latest resources

Back