Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Avantair Orders

Propnose said:
I've got a buddy who flies for Avantair, and I think that he said they have something like 30 new planes on order. Not sure if they are all scheduled to be delivered this year. If so... WOW!

Last I heard, Avantair has a total of 72 Avantis on order. A follow-on for 72 ships was announced at the last NBAA convention; deliveries of this batch are scheduled to start Jan 2008, right after the last of the earlier order are delivered.

Angry, I saw the new paint up close and personal. Hopefully, they are only going to paint that one plane in those colors. I don't think many owners will like such a flashy paintjob. As far as interviews, my friend just did, and it was the aspen apch plate, and what he knew about the company. If I understand correctly, our new payscale goes into effect Mar 1. Its not the best, but a definite iimprovement. Oh, and NetjetWife, just go away will you. If we want to discuss a union, we can do that amongst ourselves. We don't need you spewing your crap in every other post. Most of the people here want to give management and the new owner the chance to do the right thing and treat us fair without the extra grief. The previous post regarding deliveries is the same that I have heard.

Is the paint job in question the Ferrari Red one?

If it is, then anyone that has flown it, prior to paint, can tell you it is a POS.
N113SL - You can polish a turd but.....

WP

Corpflunkie,

It's my understanding that the new owner is trying to stroke the big-wigs at Ferrari so we will see more red airplanes. I friend of mine was in Greenville and saw a new plane in the completion center that had the usual paint scheme but the blue stripes are now red. Definitely not the ugly red paint scheme that 113SL has.

I also agree totally with what you said about keeping the union discussions among ourselves. I know we'll do what's right for us and the annoying banter of some desperate housewife who has never sat her fat a$$ in a pilot seat will have little impact on what we decide.

Dilligaff

Last edited:
Actually Dilligaff,

She's not fat at all. Not too bad for being married to a homely ol' retired LtCol.
LB - don't let hubby see this post. He might decide to come up to the eighth floor and extract some vengance. :)

Last edited:
Ooops! Too late. He thought it was funny. 5'6" and 120lbs...hardly fat. The military slam was not appreciated, however. There's a number of former military at NJA...yourself included...:)

Well, you're safe, Griz. He just called it a night, so he doesn't know you said he was homely. LOL Actually, I think we're a good match in lots of ways. Ask him about our team effort tonight. A spur of the moment good deal.

Last edited:
It wasn't a military slam...

If I can't call one of my buds homely then I'll just give it up.

No ...not yours. The one about my husband being arrogant and unsafe in the cockpit because he's a former fighter pilot. Previous to Guitar Guy's post, which was very supportive. Helps when you know someone, personally, and their true track record. BTW, Guitar Guy, my husband said "thanks" for your post.

Latest resources

Back