Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dilligaff said:
NetJetWife,

Shouldn't you be hanging upside down in the attic?

Dilligaff

OMG!! That is some funny Sheet!

Geez Dill, that was cold.

Whether you like that NJW posts here or not, she probably has forgotten more about how to effectively build a Strong Union than you'll ever know.

Behind every pilot on this board there's probably a spouse or girlfriend 'livin the dream' at home, alone for half of the year. It's not an easy life, but it's the one we have chosen. So, the QOL issues, pay and scope are just as important to us as they are to you.

I know that many spouses and "significant others" were very instrumental and supportive of the Netjet pilots during their fight for a contract that ultimately raised the bar for all frac pilots. NJW was one of them and I only wish that I understood half of the aspects of this shell game that she understands.

If you think that your company's management is going to 'do the right thing' and willingly offer you the pay and protection that you rightfully earn, then hey, we'll be here to read about it.

I have a feeling that you're going to have to fight (legally) every step of the way. IBT 1108 has the road map and will guide you, if you ask. I'd send in that union card with a big, fat YES, if I were you.

Been there, done that,

sikntired

*by the way...we're on YOUR side

I gotta ask...

Who's the bigger fool?

dilligaf for falling for the same a/v promises..(if you were here a year ago, it's a mirror image of what they did with the last union scare...in case you're wondering, nothing). Or netjetwife, who happened to play a part in large salary increases for their crew. Salary increases that avantair pilots are WISHING they had. Wishes and promises don't pay bills.

Think back how long ago that conference call was. Seen any extra on your check? Any better schedules or even seen any ot pay? Nah, me neither.

Dilligaff said:
Mitch,

It seems to me that the majority of the pilots would rather not have a union, but if management doesn't come through with their promises there will be more people sending in their union cards - mine is still sitting on my desk at home. If I don't see some action soon, I will drop it in the mail. Truthfully, I don't see anyone banging down the door to get out of here - yet.

The president of the company has been meeting with a few pilots to discuss the issues and he conducted on open conference call where we could all voice our opinions. A lot of good topics were discussed for about 2.5 hours - but there is still no follow through on management's part (new payscale was supposed to be announced several weeks ago). Pilots are starting to lose their patience.

Dilligaff

D,

That pretty much mirrors what my friend told me. He is pretty pro-union, the only thing he trusts about management is they can't be trusted. But with Avantair he is taking a wait and see approach.

He was telling me the word from up top is that the 7/7 schedule is around the corner, but can't be done just yet due to pilot staffing. What is your take on this?

Then what are you all waiting for..get on with it! Send in your cards and show 'em you're serious!!

Let's Go Avantair!!!

Git 'r Done!

Ill Mitch said:
D,

That pretty much mirrors what my friend told me. He is pretty pro-union, the only thing he trusts about management is they can't be trusted. But with Avantair he is taking a wait and see approach.

He was telling me the word from up top is that the 7/7 schedule is around the corner, but can't be done just yet due to pilot staffing. What is your take on this?

Word for word what they've said for YEARS.

promises,promises

How many times do I have to say it? I've been with this company for a long time now- cant believe it, actually. But nothing has changed except for the line "We're working on it." Drop that card in the mail, guys. C'mon.

Angry, don't doubt for a minute that management IS "working on it". What the pilots don't get to hear, however, is WHAT they're working on. The truth is, they're working on their plans to keep paying the pilots as little as they can get away with, including your benefits. As long as you're flying the airplanes and the grumbling is low enough in volume not too disturb them, nothing will change. They're pros at stringing people along. Just look at how long the NJ pilots put up with it until they dug in their heels and followed the lead of SU. If the owners/managers of the frac companies had respect for pilots, they'd all have professional compensation packages and schedules that balanced their work and personal lives. QOL issues would be a company priority, not just a pilot concern. Nothing will improve at the frac companies until the pilots force management to meet their demands. Management sees no reason to change a system they find satisfactory. The promising statements they make are only to keep the complaints down and the status quo firmly in place. Until the pilots take a stand and fight back, their futures are as empty as those endless promises that are never delivered.

sikntired said:
.....I know that many spouses and "significant others" were very instrumental and supportive of the Netjet pilots during their fight for a contract that ultimately raised the bar for all frac pilots... NJW was one of them and I only wish that I understood half of the aspects of this shell game that she understands. ...Been there, done that, sikntired *by the way...we're on YOUR side

What SNT modestly left out of her post is that she, too, is one of those spouses that went to Omaha to help the pilots make a stand. She may not follow each issue in detail, but she certainly has the big picture. Frac families know when the pilots are underpaid/overworked. SU leadership wisely tapped into the support structure the NJ families offered.

Smart people gather all the information they can when facing new challenges. They listen to those who have "been there, done that". Options leaders are spending a lot of time conferring with 1108. As the Flex pilots get further along in their battle, they'll be doing the same. The reason that we're on YOUR side is because we're all on the SAME side.

The frac pilots and their families are fighting for what they've earned because the companies won't deliver on their promises. They're calling in all those IOUs. When it comes time to send in that card, ask yourself which side you're on and vote accordingly.

sikntired said:
Geez Dill, that was cold.

Whether you like that NJW posts here or not, she probably has forgotten more about how to effectively build a Strong Union than you'll ever know.

Behind every pilot on this board there's probably a spouse or girlfriend 'livin the dream' at home, alone for half of the year. It's not an easy life, but it's the one we have chosen. So, the QOL issues, pay and scope are just as important to us as they are to you.

I know that many spouses and "significant others" were very instrumental and supportive of the Netjet pilots during their fight for a contract that ultimately raised the bar for all frac pilots. NJW was one of them and I only wish that I understood half of the aspects of this shell game that she understands.

If you think that your company's management is going to 'do the right thing' and willingly offer you the pay and protection that you rightfully earn, then hey, we'll be here to read about it.

I have a feeling that you're going to have to fight (legally) every step of the way. IBT 1108 has the road map and will guide you, if you ask. I'd send in that union card with a big, fat YES, if I were you.

You are incredibly naive if you think that NetJetsWife is anything other than a paid Teamster's union organizer who has created an elaborate fiction to support her/his activities on behalf of the union.

Hawkered is another. They both appear anytime there is an organizing effort then disappear when their propaganda efforts are no longer required.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back