Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jpeace02

I apologize for bringing this up again but there's, oh I don't know about 700 of us at NJA that will be looking for work real soon.
I think Avantair has a good model and seems to be doing well just wondering what the deal is with future hiring?
Any info would be great.

Brother, I doubt anybody knows. Purely a guess, but maybe a class in November, followed by more this winter. I work here, and that is nothing but a guess. I wish you the best and hope you don't have to find out first hand.

Peace, I understand your concern and agree networking for plan B is a good idea, but you come across as knowing something when you are just assuming a worst case secenario. Small detail, but you aren't the only one threatened, so please avoid difinitive statements.

Last Friday's 411 made it very clear the company has not approached the union about furloughs at this time. There are steps to be taken-it can't just come in the form of an axe, like it did to the non-bargaining unit. There is hope yet, albeit cautious optimism.

700? Worst casing is like saying that an athlete should have zero percent body fat to be efficient. All fracs are running much too fat right now, but if any frac is ever stupid enough to shed all its fat, the cost of contracting lift on peak days, swine flu outbreaks and whatnot would more than kill off all that savings in spades.

Come on guys, so he spit out a number. So what? He asked a legit question and it would be great if a thread like this stayed on topic. I think it has the potential to help a lot of our guys out. Yeah, maybe even 700 of them...

Okay, I'll bite. To give more info, you need an internal rec from someone you have flown with. 5,000 hours or more would be good, as would previous frac experience. Obviously, the market is extremely competitive right now. I very much hope that no one at NetJets needs this info.

Wacoflyr

Waco,

Good info. thanks. To everybody who's concerned with the high number of furloughs please talk to the union stewards. I'm not interested in burying my head in the sand and I'm very junior.

Just curious-- are the Piaggio aircraft certificated for 2 pilots?? (obviously ops specs/insurance req. aside). I've got a friend who may be interested in applying, but he's too cheap to pay $10 for FI acct.
As for me- I'll only make $4000 less per yr on unemployment than a first yr F/O at Avantair...and a newborn at home: "Mr. Mom" it is.

Waco's right. Right now, it is anybody's guess if/when we start looking at new hires. We (Avantair) managed to stay lean through this whole economic fiasco, and are in better shape than most. (not a dig at anyone, trust me) That being said, I have NO idea what will happen IF the godfather of fractionals (NJA) furloughs. I can't even begin to guess how the paying public (uber rich) are going to respond to the industry as a whole in that event.

CF

I apologize for bringing this up again but there's, oh I don't know about 700 of us at NJA that will be looking for work real soon.
I think Avantair has a good model and seems to be doing well just wondering what the deal is with future hiring?
Any info would be great.

just curious if you'd still consider avantair if you had to give up nj recall?

Latest resources

Back