Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

avantair.......union? Is it time.....again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B-19,

What carrier did you work for? I don't recall any majors parking planes prior to 9-11.

The one I was working for was hiring right up to 9-11.

Off the top of my head I can't come up with a single comprehensive carrier that was parking planes back then.

I'm not saying you didn't fly for a carrier, I'm just trying to figure which dirt-bag start-up you worked for.

I did that and it helped. The doc told me that I needed to take responsibilty for my own career. I started working for a non-carrier and now I'm all better. :D

Yea, Me too, and I asked Strong Union to help!!! And Wow 67% of our pilots took responsibilty for their careers as well

B-19,

What carrier did you work for? I don't recall any majors parking planes prior to 9-11.

The one I was working for was hiring right up to 9-11.

Off the top of my head I can't come up with a single comprehensive carrier that was parking planes back then.

I'm not saying you didn't fly for a carrier, I'm just trying to figure which dirt-bag start-up you worked for.

The dirt bag start up was one of the legacy carriers mentioned in the article. Most people don't recall it because the events of 9/11 overshadowed what was already happening. Oh, and I didn't fly for the carrier, let's not make that mistake or give anybody that is reading this thread that impression. I was in management there. I haven't flown in years and years and years. I just think that people have a real short memory when it comes to this union stuff and I don't mind reminding them about it or how I worked around it to protect myself from it. None of the legacy carriers were in trouble until they all signed industy leading contracts within a year of each other.

Yea, Me too, and I asked Strong Union to help!!! And Wow 67% of our pilots took responsibilty for their careers as well

So that means that 33% of the pilots didn't vote for the union. This means that one of every three pilots had a union forced on them that they didn't want or vote for. That means that 67% is going to speak for the 33% that wanted no part of it. Do you consider that fair? I don't. Yes, 67% is a majority, but it's far from an overwhelming mandate. If you wanted to work for a union carrier so bad, why didn't you just go to one of the existing ones? Why force something on people that they didn't want? I know, they must be stupid for not wanting a union right?

Majority rules, 19. Treat your pilots like crap and you will get the same results.

Well...I'd say if the 33% were that pissed off about a union, then they could leave. Just a little taste back at 'ya, since you always tell guys to go to a union carrier if they want a union.

So that means that 33% of the pilots didn't vote for the union. This means that one of every three pilots had a union forced on them that they didn't want or vote for. That means that 67% is going to speak for the 33% that wanted no part of it. Do you consider that fair? I don't. Yes, 67% is a majority, but it's far from an overwhelming mandate. If you wanted to work for a union carrier so bad, why didn't you just go to one of the existing ones? Why force something on people that they didn't want? I know, they must be stupid for not wanting a union right?

Before the vote, you and your morons said the same thing....if you don't like it, leave.......so let me say

IF YOU DON'T LIKE UNIONS QUIT, WERE A UNION HOUSE NOW,

so that 33% has a choice

I'm assuming the 67% number refers to the union being voted in by 67% of the pilot group. The next logical question is what percent even voted?

If only 68% voted and it was voted in by 67% then I'd say that is pretty overwhelming.

If the 67% refers to the union being voted in by 67% of the votes cast and only 17 pilots voted then I'd say that is pretty underwhelming.

So that means that 33% of the pilots didn't vote for the union. This means that one of every three pilots had a union forced on them that they didn't want or vote for.

Yes, but how many voted for the current contract????? My guess is that it was more than 67%.

None of the legacy carriers were in trouble until they all signed industy leading contracts within a year of each other.

It's not that simple B19 and you know it. There are a lot of factors that impact and airline's bottom line, and a union contract is only a small part of the equation.

Latest resources

Back