Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

avantair.......union? Is it time.....again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In government it is a democracy. In private enterprise, it's an unfriendly takeover.

Not to the 67% (in your example) that wanted representation.

And there was no "takeover" of the company. It was merely 67% (or a majority) of the pilots who felt that their collective interests were best serve by a union as is their right under the laws in our democracy.

Maybe it is time to come to the line again and remember what it is like in the real world?
Which part of the real world would you like me to remember? The part where I was laid off twice because of union actions or the one where I make more money and feel more secure than I've ever been by working for non-union carrier?

The only reason NetJets does as well as it does is the professionalism of the union pilots.

That is a HUGE slap in the face for non-union pilots. Flying for Netjets and belonging to a union does make them any more professional than the non-union pilots of Avantair. The pilots at Avantair are every bit as professional as Netjets, make no mistake about it.

That is a HUGE slap in the face for non-union pilots. Flying for Netjets and belonging to a union does make them any more professional than the non-union pilots of Avantair. The pilots at Avantair are every bit as professional as Netjets, make no mistake about it.

Come down your mighty throne, B19.

You've got such a huge, non-flying, management chip on your shoulder you can't even read context. Fischman is talking about the union pilots at NJA. Because you have your hard line non-union stance, you read way too much into his statement. I wouldn't believe for a second that he's bashing non-union pilots. You've got a lot of bitterness in your head and heart. If its been years and years and years since you flew and were laid off, I'd say its time to get over it and have some peace in your life.

I meant no disrespect to the pilots of Avantair. Truly I didn't.

How about a rewording?

NetJets has enjoyed extreme success recently due to the professionalism of the pilots, who happen to be unionized.

You are a little oversensitive.

Which part of the real world would you like me to remember? The part where I was laid off twice because of union actions or the one where I make more money and feel more secure than I've ever been by working for non-union carrier?

No. I would like you to remember the 2 times you were laid off due to piss poor management. Management signs the contracts with unions. If they can't afford the contracts they shouldn't sign them. That is called poor management.

You may "feel" secure.

I AM secure.

I'd like to point out that my last company had no problem furloughing half its pilots without a union. (This was before 9/11, too.)

:rolleyes: this thread has nothing to do with avantair any more, how about I start a thread called "the pro's and cons of unions in the fractional aviation and airline industry" and you guys can go crazy on the topic in there. then when some one wants to know all the opinions for and against it, they can search for it.

CLIFF NOTES:

- Some people think its time for a union at Avantair due to some actions taken by management.

- Netjets wife chimes in that we need a union to secure our future...... again ;-)

- B17 flyer is bitter because he has been laid off twice and thinks it has to do with the union. Does not want a union at any airline.

- Other pilots point out bad things happen to non union pilot groups and it might be managements fault.

- The argument goes back and forth for at least 7 pages....

The end.

Latest resources

Back