• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Orders 20 Phenom 100 Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still, some news is better than no news and 3 years can also pass quickly when you stay busy. It's a sign of growth and the plane sounds interesting.

Congratulations!
Netjetwife

Good for them. The Phenom should be a popular airplane and it keeps the share prices low (the market is bigger at the lower end of the scale). I wonder if another Embraer product might follow at some point - the Legacy (at least that was the rumor)...

100% right on!

There is definately a market out there for a lower cost fractional aircraft. The buy in for a P180 is around 400k and the monthly fee is around 8k. A smaller business or somebody who isn't quite willing to cough up that amount; may very well be willing to cough up a 95-200k buy in with a 2500-4000 monthly maintenance fee. These numbers seem low, but check out the jet alliance website.(they will use the Eclipse 500, which is about 1.5 mill.) http://www.jetalliance.com/costs.htm, http://www.jetalliance.com/eclipsepricing.htm. The cost of a P180 is around 6 million, while the phenom is just under 3 million.

Now the only bummer is the wait.... But you know what they say...Good things come to those who wait! Just don't sit on your laurels too long!

good points Captain, but I'm still hoping we get something like the Legacy to appeal to the upper end of things as well. Lots of owners inquiring about longer range, and a plane the size of of a G at 60% of the cost would fit well. Once this merger is completed, I'm thinking more short term cash will be available for such a purchase....would be a nice fleet, a mix of 600's, some 300's, 100's and the workhorse, the P-180 I's & II's. Owners DO love that plane, as do i :)

Now the only bummer is the wait.... But you know what they say...Good things come to those who wait! Just don't sit on your laurels too long!

I agree about the wait. I think the merger process with Ardent will require us to take things a little slower than we would like in the short-term but I don't anticipate us sitting on our laurels. While we are waiting for the Phenoms to arrive we have 50+ Avanti II's on order and they are now coming on the property. We have 4 in service now and we are scheduled to have 6 or 7 in service by January 1, and 15 by June 1. Good times!

C425Driver

I can't help but wonder??? If we were flying 747's for a fractional, would we hope to be getting a bigger and faster aircraft next year??? You betcha!! Because we are pilots!

Lets not forget to enjoy the one we're in, While we focus on the greener pastures ahead.

Well, i just think it would be better to, at some point, secure an aircraft that will break us out of the "regional fractional" mode. anyone who's had to do 2 fuel stops east to west in the winter time knows what i mean....smaller plane can mean more "battles of the bags", less range, less capacity, more legs per day for crews and so on. While I agree its a way to get owners we couldnt otherwise get, I'm not on the VLJ band-wagon just yet. It's an interesting plane, but doesnt do anything to answer some of our owners requests for more capability. But, I'll temper this by saying the game is just starting, and I'm certainly hopeful that something with a longer reach is in the cards.

Im not really impressed with the phenom... Wont a Malibu Meridian or a TBM 850 go just about as fast?!?! You can only put 4 people in the back of a Phenom. And its only a little over 4 ft tall in the cabin. Hmmm, Im not sold on it yet, but we'll just have to see...

It is nice to see the growth. Its just hard to wrap my mind around the idea that we are getting jets that are HALF the performers of our turboprops..

I was wrong, I was thinking the Phenom is only a 320 kt airplane. It looks as if it does 380. Still not quite an Avanti, but not too bad...

Cant wait to find out more...

Latest resources

Back