Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AvantAir entire fleet grounded for mx Inspections?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
this exactly what management wants....all of us fighting each other over the safety we provide.

they're laughing at all of us right now.

Event Date Location Make/Model Regist. # NTSB No. Event Severity
10/19/12 Nantucket, MA CESSNA 560XL N576QS ERA13LA036 Nonfatal
08/23/09 Kremmling, CO CESSNA CE-560 N802QS CEN09LA541 Nonfatal
11/11/08 Los Angeles, CA CESSNA 680 N320QS WPR09LA036 Nonfatal
09/01/08 Telluride, CO CESSNA 560 N839QS DFW08CA221 Nonfatal
04/15/08 White Plains, NY CESSNA 560XL N613QS NYC08LA162 Nonfatal
08/28/06 Smith, NV Hawker 800XP N879QS LAX06FA277A Nonfatal
01/05/06 Woodruff, WI Cessna 560 N391QS CHI06LA058 Nonfatal
09/26/05 Columbus, OH Cessna 560XL N699QS CHI05LA277 Nonfatal
11/29/04 Eagle, CO Gulfstream G-IV N420QS DEN05LA030 Nonfatal
09/11/04 San Francisco, CA BAE 125-1000A N520QS LAX04LA334 Nonfatal
05/02/02 Leakey, TX Cessna 560 N397QS FTW02LA136 Nonfatal
02/08/02 Broomfield, CO Gulfstream G-IV N434QS DEN02LA029 nonfatal

I hate to get involved in a crank measuring contest, but have you actually read any of these reports? If you did you would see that many of them were no fault of the crew or company (i.e. service vehicle drives into an aircraft, flight attendant not wearing a seat belt, line guy stepping into jet blast)

I know this is flightinfo, so a certain amount of facepalming is expected. But think before making inflammatory posts.

The reality is all fractionals are flying thousands of hours a week and we have an incredible safety record. The finger was pointed at Avantair as if they were the only ones who have had incidents and thats just not the case. I understand the disgruntled pilots who were fired like JD ( who was fired for taking a video with the company ipad while landing) but from other pilots in the industry its just rediculous.

The reality is all fractionals are flying thousands of hours a week and we have an incredible safety record. The finger was pointed at Avantair as if they were the only ones who have had incidents and thats just not the case. I understand the disgruntled pilots who were fired like JD ( who was fired for taking a video with the company ipad while landing) but from other pilots in the industry its just rediculous.

Getting asked to leave for my F.O.'s iPad video idea, kind of comical... Getting my five year pin about 2 1/2 months after the fact from Avantair HR, even more laughable! But I am hardly disgruntled about losing a job I would not even have at present! While I had it I dreamed of flying airplanes like the one I am flying now, so hardly the best job I ever had!

I just think Avantair is an extremely unethical operation with very little in the safety culture department. Lets fire the crew that was asked to do a 15 minute turn with an angry Avantair owner in their face cause that will make the MX issues go away!

http://amsinc.aero/2012/11/latest-news-on-avantair/

"One immediate finding from our own examination of the situation was of great concern to us. The missing elevator was discovered near a runway from which the crew had taken off on an earlier leg the same day. This indicated the crew had failed to perform the mandatory and routine walk-around to inspect the plane following that first leg – a direct violation of Avantair policy, which requires that both crew members inspect each plane before each flight. The crew members from the July flight at issue no longer are employed at Avantair. Additionally, our pilots have been re-trained on the importance of this rule and our zero-tolerance policy for failure to comply with it and all other Company policies and procedures."

Last edited:
We're Back...

What a joke of a company......i heard ATC make a wise crack to about them today......they are done.

I saw N189SL land in Teterboro as I was departing yesterday. No jokes on tower frequency though. Do you have a good Ha-Ha you would like to share?!

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...air-resumes-flying-after-three-week-grounding

St. Petersburg, Fla.-based fractional provider Avantair restarted operations on Friday following a nearly three-week voluntary grounding of its approximately 60 Piaggio Avantis. “We’re back and flying, and are covering all our trips now,” Avantair CEO Steve Santo told AIN

I'm sure frosted tip Santo did not take any pay either while the scumbag furloughed all his pilots without notice for three weeks right? He does have all that stock that was down 20% today though.

Ok I will bite

http://hudsonvalley.ynn.com/content...ate-plane-makes-emergency-landing-at-stewart/

We can do this all day. We all know they exist for every company.

Yeah but name one incidence where any other fractional took off with only half an elevator...

This is indicative of a company whose culture hasn't addressed the importance of BOTH crewmembers being required to walk around the aircraft prior to each flight....or even one for that matter....

I don't fault the pilot, I fault the organization. This would also include the airlines who don't require this attention to each and every flight.

I hate to get involved in a crank measuring contest, but have you actually read any of these reports? If you did you would see that many of them were no fault of the crew or company (i.e. service vehicle drives into an aircraft, flight attendant not wearing a seat belt, line guy stepping into jet blast)

I know this is flightinfo, so a certain amount of facepalming is expected. But think before making inflammatory posts.

Not too mention a midair with a glider who,was occupying the STAR airspace into RNO, without a transponder on, even though it was equipped. The Netjets captain involved received an award as Pilot of the Year, for her actions after the impact....

Latest resources

Back