Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AvantAir entire fleet grounded for mx Inspections?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How much longer before Avantair up and flying again? Sometimes this industry just sucks. Hope you all the best.

You guys might want to look into Capitalism and how free markets work. Competition is how free markets work and it's not 'putting downward pressure on us all'. Or, better put, if it is then it's doing what it was designed to do.

BTW, our pay isn't putting downward pressure on anyone. I made 106K per year flying a 12,100 lb plane. Prop at that as some like to point out. Pound for pound I think my salary compares favorably. I was a 6 year Captain.

I just can't sit here and watch totally unfounded posts fly by without saying something. Blaming the competition for your pay is insulting. Especially when our pay surpasses yours on an airframe basis.

I know I'm yelling into the abyss here and none of you are changing your minds and will continue to think Avantair caused all of your problems and maybe even caused the stock market to crash and prevented the cure for Cancer...but sorta felt like I needed to vent anyway.

Continue bashing away please.

If Romney wins tonight, will you please go jump off a cliff.....The 200' variety. Cry me a river d bag!!!!!!

I would like to stay in denial-but if Obama wins another term, it won't be a good thing for the fractionals. Last time I checked, the middle class cannot afford a share in a jet. :(

Whoops. Posted too late- :rolleyes:

I'm a Independant, but gotta agree, Obama is definitely not for the rich..... Not the results fractional operators were looking for. Then again, back when things were going good for fractionals, it sure did turn out to be nothing more than an aircraft ponzi scheme anyhow....

Apa

Taxied by 3 parked Avantair P180's that were in APA all 3 days I was there. One of them had the flaps down but was shut down... Was wondering if FAA inspections are happening all over the country?

Last edited:
They are still grounded? Hopefully when they are back up and running they get back pay, that is BS the company just leaves the pilots hanging.

They are still grounded? Hopefully when they are back up and running they get back pay, that is BS the company just leaves the pilots hanging.

without a union, there's no way that will happen. Funnier than that is, management is still being paid right now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back