Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AvantAir entire fleet grounded for mx Inspections?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's right... Laugh it up... We might still have a little something left for ya after all...

Time will tell, eh gents???

edit: to add a quote from the iconic Sgt. Schultz... "I know nuhziiiinnngggg!!!"

NO problemo, buddy, after all, you got lots of cash stashed away.

Talking of cash, I wonder weather the owners keep paying their monthly fees for NO flying services ...

Are your cell phones still working? If so, make sure to keep them powered up!

Have to give this one a lot of thought before hitting the 'submit' button. But here goes...

I wish the Avantair pilots had chosen to unionize because its always good to have an experienced representative in your corner, no matter what happens. I've spent - probably to much time on here - trying to cajole them.

I spoke to one of our sales guys a few months ago who told me, 'Avantair is killing us in the middle of the country, because they are undercutting us on price.' He said he thought Avantair was making deals under cost just to get the frac contracts, busting their own bank.

So here we are. Avantair was in the weeds before this event and very vulnerable. Now this happens and the pilots pay.

Question is, does it benefit us collectively as pilots for a company who cuts corners, thereby undercutting competitors, to remain in business. Those cost savings don't simply materialize out of thin air, someone in management must decide to make that happen. Put this alongside the inherent pressures that come from running a public company and you have a classic mismanagement disaster.

I've seen it happen again and again the 121 world. Some new entrant buys up (or leases) old aircraft, and hires laid off employees with sup par wages and benefits.

They stay in business for awhile, put downward pressure on the rest of the industry (read employees) then go out of business while the guys at the top go out the door with buckets of money.

Now, even the survivors are hurt usually for ever. I see even the best paid legacy airline pilots are making less than they did 1n 1999. Adjusted for inflation, they make way less.

I heard Avantair was attracting some owners from other fractionals because of price. Had this continued, it would have put downward pressure on us all.

Flightbag

I heard Avantair was attracting some owners from other fractionals because of price. Had this continued, it would have put downward pressure on us all.

Flightbag[/QUOTE]

Great point, bottom line is you want cheap, you get cheap. How surprised are the owners that this is what they ended up with? Shake it off.

You guys might want to look into Capitalism and how free markets work. Competition is how free markets work and it's not 'putting downward pressure on us all'. Or, better put, if it is then it's doing what it was designed to do.

BTW, our pay isn't putting downward pressure on anyone. I made 106K per year flying a 12,100 lb plane. Prop at that as some like to point out. Pound for pound I think my salary compares favorably. I was a 6 year Captain.

I just can't sit here and watch totally unfounded posts fly by without saying something. Blaming the competition for your pay is insulting. Especially when our pay surpasses yours on an airframe basis.

I know I'm yelling into the abyss here and none of you are changing your minds and will continue to think Avantair caused all of your problems and maybe even caused the stock market to crash and prevented the cure for Cancer...but sorta felt like I needed to vent anyway.

Continue bashing away please.

Sounds to me like avantair has caused its own problems and is now imploding due to extremely poor management. We just signed a former owner to a dry lease and lets just say he was less than impressed with that outfit after this debacle.

106k for flying unairworthy airplanes and falsifying maintenance records is not bad I guess if that is what you are into. Probably not a good career choice though in the long run.
gooood luck

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back