• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Accident

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
.... All aircraft are certified to fly on one engine all day long on as long you have fuel......

That will be news to those of us who flew/fly 727's and 747's.

Blanket statements and Blanket JUDGEMENTs don't do anyone any justice. If I have one engine in the bag and other issues on board, I'm happy to get it on the ground and walk away from it. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Until you're forced into the same predicament, just say "good job" to the pilot who pulled it off and offer support and encouragement for the upcoming inquisition.

That will be news to those of us who flew/fly 727's and 747's.

Blanket statements and Blanket JUDGEMENTs don't do anyone any justice. If I have one engine in the bag and other issues on board, I'm happy to get it on the ground and walk away from it. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Until you're forced into the same predicament, just say "good job" to the pilot who pulled it off and offer support and encouragement for the upcoming inquisition.

I have been in the same place 5 times in my career, and I always managed to land on the right runway... I'm just glad it was VMC!

For you Piaggio operaters... Has Piaggio sent out any kind of Special airworthiness bulletin regarding the Flint incident? Just wondering if there alerting operaters. Thanks

No such bulletins that I'm aware of. I'm not sure what they would send.

Not taking away from your post, but what did that have to do with what you quoted?

My point was that a US pilot would be more likely (maybe) to realize you can't say anything to the press after an incident. He told me later he was very glad I had warned him, that he otherwise would have allowed himself to be interviewed by the local reporterette.

My point was that a US pilot would be more likely (maybe) to realize you can't say anything to the press after an incident. He told me later he was very glad I had warned him, that he otherwise would have allowed himself to be interviewed by the local reporterette.

That doesn't make any sense to me. Here is what happened...

I said:

Nobody here knows the details. Let's just wait until the facts come out before we jump on this guys career. I've flown with the Captain of this flight and he seemed competent to me. Whatever the circumstances let the investigation run it's course and determine what factors were at play.

[FONT=&quot]Again, glad nobody was hurt.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

And then RCA said:

[/FONT]
How many years have we gone round and round glass?
Finally, we found something to agree on.
Great Post!

And then you quoted RCA and said:

[FONT=&quot]
I did an emergency landing one time, smoke in the cockpit, and I learned something new: My FO was from Europe, and if I hadn't told him to not say anything to the Press, he wouldn't have known. Make sure NOBODY talks to the Press, period.

What did that have to do with what RCA quoted? I get that non-USA pilots may be more likely to not understand to not talk to the press...but RCA said nothing to that point. What did your post have to do with RCA's post? You quoted it. What's the relevance?
[/FONT]

Last edited:
I have been in the same place 5 times in my career, and I always managed to land on the right runway... I'm just glad it was VMC!

First, you unprofessionally jump to conclusions about the incident before you have the facts which hints at your poor decision making process, then you state you've lost 5 engines in your relatively short and limited career.

I won't stoop to your level and make assertions about the airworthyness of the airplanes you fly, or you ability to properly manage their engines because I don't have all the facts. However, it is safe to say you are either extremely unlucky, or there is another problem. Then again, maybe you're just FOS?

Be careful with those glass houses. You clearly have an ego problem and think this could never happen to you. Did you even listen to the tape? There was clearly confusion about the their position relative to the runway, and they stated they lost their gyros. They were asking for help, and instead they got cleared to land any runway. They were under pressure in an unusual situation. If you believe something similar could never happen to you, I feel sorry for you and your passengers. You have no idea what else they may have been dealing with yet you're happy criticize them. Does that make you somehow feel superior?

Latest resources

Back