• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Accident

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As an Avantair pilot, I would like to say that I appreciate the tenor of most of the posts on this thread. Flightinfo tends to get a little mean on occasion, and I have certainly participated in some of the brawls here. Whether it's politics, unions, management or whatever, I enjoy a good battle as much as anyone. But some things hit too close to home. We had a bad day yesterday, and almost nobody piled on.

Thank you.

Wacoflyr
Expect this to change. Regrettably. Posters here seem to forget that a pilot is a pilot, and that any of us could one day find ourselves the subject of an FI thread.

Being he was an Emergency aircraft, he can land on what ever runway, road, or field he wishes. I guess those Piaggio's must be tricky on one engine in a cross wind. Glad everyone was OK! It really shows how strong the cabin of the piaggio must be, it looks to be mostly intact.

In the audio that is posted above, ATC clears the pilot for a visual to 27 then a few seconds later clears them for any available runway...

I am just glad to hear that no lives were lost. I don't really care about the blame, we should all just be thankful that our fellow aviation professionals were able to walk away.

In the audio that is posted above, ATC clears the pilot for a visual to 27 then a few seconds later clears them for any available runway...

What's the point you're trying to make? He had declared an emergency already, so technically he can do what ever he wants to meet the needs of the emergency. He doesn't have to land on 27 because she cleared him for it. Unfortunately because of the outcome, he's now gonna get a chance to meet new people in his life.

In the end, lives were not lost. That is the most important thing. The pilot's got through the 1st half unscathed, the 2nd half has yet to play out.

My point is that someone commented that the crew was cleared to land on one runway and then actually landed on another- like it was pilot error.

And yes I agree that it is GREAT that everyone got out OK. it could have been a lot worse.

First we need a fair trial. Bring the guilty party in. Who's got a rope?

Last edited:
My point is that someone commented that the crew was cleared to land on one runway and then actually landed on another- like it was pilot error.

And yes I agree that it is GREAT that everyone got out OK. it could have been a lot worse.

It was an emergency ... the pilot can deviate.

Latest resources

Back