Avantair Accident

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oops. Glad everybody is OK.

From what I've heard secondhand, the wheels and brakes on the Piaggio have always been an issue. I'm very curious to hear the final NTSB report when it comes out.

Listen to the audio from the tower, and it will give you an idea how the report will turn out! The pilot will be taking some heat on this one! Tower cleared them visual runway 27, and they landed on 18. on runway 18 they had a direct crosswind of 18knts. I don't want to back seat quarterback here, but I would say he will get questioned about that. and before you say that 18 is a longer runway it is only 600ft longer. Below is a link to the audio.

http://moses.bz/news/2011/11/16/bishop-airport-plane-crash-tower-audio-11-16-2011.html

Nobody here knows the details. Let's just wait until the facts come out before we jump on this guys career. I've flown with the Captain of this flight and he seemed competent to me. Whatever the circumstances let the investigation run it's course and determine what factors were at play.

Again, glad nobody was hurt.

As an Avantair pilot, I would like to say that I appreciate the tenor of most of the posts on this thread. Flightinfo tends to get a little mean on occasion, and I have certainly participated in some of the brawls here. Whether it's politics, unions, management or whatever, I enjoy a good battle as much as anyone. But some things hit too close to home. We had a bad day yesterday, and almost nobody piled on.

Thank you.

Wacoflyr

Latest resources

Back