• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Accident

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nobody here knows the details. Let's just wait until the facts come out before we jump on this guys career. I've flown with the Captain of this flight and he seemed competent to me. Whatever the circumstances let the investigation run it's course and determine what factors were at play.

Again, glad nobody was hurt.

Well Said... I have flown with him too. I though his skills as a pilot where above average. Last time was in July before he upgraded to Captain. This whole situation sucks... Glad it ended with everyone still alive. I have landed the Piaggio P.180 single engine once!

Nobody here knows the details. Let's just wait until the facts come out before we jump on this guys career. I've flown with the Captain of this flight and he seemed competent to me. Whatever the circumstances let the investigation run it's course and determine what factors were at play.

Again, glad nobody was hurt.

How many years have we gone round and round glass?
Finally, we found something to agree on.
Great Post!

How many years have we gone round and round glass?
Finally, we found something to agree on.
Great Post!

I did an emergency landing one time, smoke in the cockpit, and I learned something new: My FO was from Europe, and if I hadn't told him to not say anything to the Press, he wouldn't have known. Make sure NOBODY talks to the Press, period.

I did an emergency landing one time, smoke in the cockpit, and I learned something new: My FO was from Europe, and if I hadn't told him to not say anything to the Press, he wouldn't have known. Make sure NOBODY talks to the Press, period.

Not taking away from your post, but what did that have to do with what you quoted?

MY guess is the controller cleared them to land 27, then realized he should have said "any availabable runway...." So he simply re-issued the proper clearance.....

It sucks this guy had just upgraded and already had something happen...

are you sure it isn't the union's fault?

If I understand correctly, the wind was from 310 at 15.

Must have had a really good reason for landing on RW 18 with a quartering tail wind.

From what I heard the tower voice recorder is that at first he was clear to land on 27 than when he brought up the issued about the gyros then the tower give him the option to land at any runway, and that is normal for an emergency aircraft however he was on a visual for 27 and base on the winds it would have been a favorable choice for a landing. All aircraft are certified to fly on one engine all day long on as long you have fuel. It was the captain choice to land cross wind and in result it cost the loss of the aircraft and luckily there were no serious injuries. Bottom line is, he could he save have the aircraft and injures if he was to land on 27 and In realty it would have been a SAFE way to land an emergence aircraft.

Bottom line is, he could he save have the aircraft and injures if he was to land on 27 and In realty it would have been a SAFE way to land an emergence aircraft.

You start off with some facts, then you move to speculation, and you finish with this whopper. The typeface and grammar suggest that you posted drunk. I hope so. I just can't believe that any sober, responsible professional pilot would post such drivel. Is it possible that landing on 27 would have kept that aircraft safe? Certainly. Is it necessarily true? Absolutely not. Before you post any more second rate, monday morning half-baked bullsh!t that any first year blonde talking head could spew out of a small market morning news broadcast, maybe you should consider its possible effects on your fellow professionals, and their careers. I see you have four posts. I hope your future ones are an improvement.

Wacoflyr

Latest resources

Back