Avantair Accident

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How does that work?

I wasn't there, but it's not too hard to imagine that his hands were full and he was looking for a little guidance for the landing. Instead, the crappy controller just washed her hands of the situation, clearing him to land on any runway. In my mind, anyway, some of the fault is hers.

To reiterate, just my opinion.

During an emergency, the controller's job is to clear the airport so the pilot can make whatever action he or she needs to. Clearing the airplane to land on any runway is a standard thing. You're very quick to point out that we shouldn't judge the pilot until all the facts are known, yet you're quick to (incorrectly) place blame on the controller. How about following your own advice?

Fair enough. I'm also not taking my own advice by commenting on the Incident in the first place. I'm going to try to make this my last post on the topic.

Luckily, gotta go get a haircut... starting my tour tomorrow. Otherwise, I might be stuck at this keyboard all morning. TTYL.

Lets just be happy that no one was hurt in this accident. Things happen. We all know that. Lets not beat up these guys any more.

Now back to my philosophy. Buy a King Air

Latest resources

Back