• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attn Delta Pilots-

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The PWA DL has now was signed in BK with a management shotgun lodged firmly below DALPA's chin. It includes huge paycuts (30+%) and other heinous workrule concessions and scope atrocities when compared with our previous contract. We'll be looking at some serious corrections to that in the next couple years. Do you want to lock yourself into a POS or help the profession regain some of the ground lost over the last 10 years?

Thanks guys..

Either way, the added pilots would negate the loss of pilots on the 737's IF the company replaced them with 70-76 seat RJ's flown by Regional Carrier pilots.

I would rather see best regional 70 seat pay plus $1 then give those away. Maybe because i'm on furlough I'm thinking this way but at least once there on property rates can change on them in the future.

Are you kidding me? The few added pilots will not even come close to offsetting the loss of jobs if you give up scope.

Yes, I am very impressed also that we have not furloughed. And I think we are over the hump now. I don't see furloughs happening. Unless we give up more scope.

Again.. I do not want nor expect to give up scope (aircraft size).

Can you explain to me how you (Delta) gave up scope and have not furloughed one mainline pilot?

Obviously, what Delta MEC did was different than what United MEC did when it comes to scope relief AND pilot protection.

Also, can someone explain to me WHY Delta pilots and ALPA National allowed the scope relaxation to happen at Delta?

motch

Can you explain to me how you (Delta) gave up scope and have not furloughed one mainline pilot?

Obviously, what Delta MEC did was different than what United MEC did when it comes to scope relief AND pilot protection.

Also, can someone explain to me WHY Delta pilots and ALPA National allowed the scope relaxation to happen at Delta?

motch

Delta furloughed pilots post 9/11 when the regionals were growing massively. In 2007, Delta had the largest international growth in its history. The Combined Delta/Northwest is barely larger than Delta was at one point as a stand-alone. Delta management has not furloughed because of the merger. They are trying to make the merger go as smooth as possible and keep the pilots on board. Furloughing would make pilots like myself (28 years old) hate the company for the next 30+ years. It doesn't hurt that Richard Anderson is actually trying to run Delta while Glen Tilton is just trying to make himself as much money as possible with no regard to his airline. CAL obviously doesn't mind furloughing or it wouldn't have fulroughed 148. If you guys get Delta scope, expect CAL to furlough thousands. The Delta contract is not that great. American's contract is better and the APA is willing to go on strike over it (not that anyone would ever let them). Please do us all a favor and do not settle for the Delta contract. There are many loopholes that cost me hundreds of dollars/month.

motch

Yes,
First no scope has been given up since 1113C. The 76 seat scope settlement put in place procedures to remove seats of the 76 seat jets that were above our interpretation of the wording if any pilots hired after Sept 2001 were furloughed. A slightly different protection was in place that took a lot of those 76 seat jets and made them 70 seat jets if any Sept 2001 and earlier hires were furloughed. That alone is a huge financial inventive.
Add to the fact that we owned every seat at Compass since no pilot has bypassed the flow provision as no one has flowed. That meant that every seat was available to flow down. Add the Mesaba seats that we had rights to and you were looking at the airline paying training costs for these flows as they were wholly owned carriers.
What this amounts to is multiple levels in place that put the break even on a furlough over 22 months.
When they made the decision to furlough or not to furlough this time last year pilots were in the wrong seats and righting the airline would have take way to long for a ROI on a furlough.

Adding more 76 seat jets or allowing 100 seat jets will most certainly change that, and in effect is off the table.

You want that flying which you have been able to hold to stay at CAL. Fly it for market rates but do not give it away. CAL has been more profitable that DAL and you have kept the flying. Selling the flying is a one way street and never forget it. Keep it at all costs.

The reason that you guys furloughed 147 pilots and were able to run the airline is wrapped in to the way you construct your lines and the hours per month the average pilot flies.

Your line is built with training as a part of it. IOW, training is considered a trip.

Your line is built and training is paid 3 hours per day but you get no credit for training. So they build the line and you get paid for tng but it isn't added to your line value

Either way, the added pilots would negate the loss of pilots on the 737's IF the company replaced them with 70-76 seat RJ's flown by Regional Carrier pilots....QUOTE]

How many more guys think like this at CAL? Are pilots really this dense?

God help us.

Here, I'll save SFR the trouble: Hey, I've only worked 5 days this month! Gives me a lot more time off to invest in my primo Houston luxury trailer parks business. So if you don't like CAL and our awesome work rules, why don't you quit? ;)

Latest resources

Back