• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attn Delta Pilots-

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta furloughed pilots post 9/11 when the regionals were growing massively. In 2007, Delta had the largest international growth in its history. The Combined Delta/Northwest is barely larger than Delta was at one point as a stand-alone. Delta management has not furloughed because of the merger. They are trying to make the merger go as smooth as possible and keep the pilots on board. Furloughing would make pilots like myself (28 years old) hate the company for the next 30+ years. It doesn't hurt that Richard Anderson is actually trying to run Delta while Glen Tilton is just trying to make himself as much money as possible with no regard to his airline. CAL obviously doesn't mind furloughing or it wouldn't have fulroughed 148. If you guys get Delta scope, expect CAL to furlough thousands. The Delta contract is not that great. American's contract is better and the APA is willing to go on strike over it (not that anyone would ever let them). Please do us all a favor and do not settle for the Delta contract. There are many loopholes that cost me hundreds of dollars/month.

Says it all right there.........

Your line is built and training is paid 3 hours per day but you get no credit for training. So they build the line and you get paid for tng but it isn't added to your line value

Correct but, training pay is taken into account when building up to ALV. That is what I was referring to. For example, this month I had recurrent. My line value was 61 which is below the lowest threshold for the ALV of 72. So, the 6 hours of training brought me up to 67 (still too low for me this month, still trying to do some trading).

Delta furloughed pilots post 9/11 when the regionals were growing massively. In 2007, Delta had the largest international growth in its history. The Combined Delta/Northwest is barely larger than Delta was at one point as a stand-alone. Delta management has not furloughed because of the merger. They are trying to make the merger go as smooth as possible and keep the pilots on board. Furloughing would make pilots like myself (28 years old) hate the company for the next 30+ years. It doesn't hurt that Richard Anderson is actually trying to run Delta while Glen Tilton is just trying to make himself as much money as possible with no regard to his airline. CAL obviously doesn't mind furloughing or it wouldn't have fulroughed 148. If you guys get Delta scope, expect CAL to furlough thousands. The Delta contract is not that great. American's contract is better and the APA is willing to go on strike over it (not that anyone would ever let them). Please do us all a favor and do not settle for the Delta contract. There are many loopholes that cost me hundreds of dollars/month.

Delta has no problem furloughing, they just currently happen to be doing it at thier subsidiaries.

Either way, the added pilots would negate the loss of pilots on the 737's IF the company replaced them with 70-76 seat RJ's flown by Regional Carrier pilots....QUOTE]

How many more guys think like this at CAL? Are pilots really this dense?

God help us.

You guys need to lay off Motch. He's a dedicated unionist and I believe was an MEC member at his previous carrier. First let me say that any relaxation of scope to allow larger than 50 seat jets to be outsourced at CAL is not only no, but F NO from me. HOWEVER, there is truth to what Motch said. Parking the 737-500 fleet (I believe we have 32 left) would result in about 350 less pilot positions. At the same time, our current lack of work rules is so horrendous that we will require 448 more pilots to operate under DAL's contract per the Aug. 2009 Crews News. So, if somehow DAL scope ever became the rule here at CAL (I bet it won't) even after parking 32 737s we would require 100 more pilots on the property than we have now, recalling at least 2/3 of our furloughs. Of course if Mgt then decides why not also replace the -700s with E-170s, maybe some -800s and increase frequency, well you get the picture. That is why on Scope alone DAL's contract is a non starter here, not to mention bankruptcy pay rates agreed to when oil was over $140 a barrel.

Delta has no problem furloughing, they just currently happen to be doing it at thier subsidiaries.

DAL understands they have way too many RJ's. You're seeing the after effects of the RJ bubble.

If mainline furloughed, the subsidiaries would be furloughing even more, you do understand that, right?

DAL understands they have way too many RJ's. You're seeing the after effects of the RJ bubble.

If mainline furloughed, the subsidiaries would be furloughing even more, you do understand that, right?

I do understand that.

Yet not one of our RJ's is going away, just every turboprop... We all figured they'd go but at least NWA would have likely replaced them with the Dash or ATR. Also if there is such a glut of rj's why hasn't Delta cancelled the Mesa flying that they could have with Mesa's bankruptcy? Seems to me that would be a perfect way to cut rj's

You are a WO correct? :D

That is why. They will dump every RJ they can at the contract carriers then put them at the WO where there is no floor to the Air Service Agreements. They are getting burned by this. It is part of the reason OH is taking it in the shorts. Simply because DAL can do it to them with no financial penalty. The third party operators are different. I expect to see a shift after the five year resets start happening this fall.

I hope you are right... I will be downgraded in the next displacement and with my house sooo underwater I can't refinance and may well lose it with the paycut.

<<They are trying to make the merger go as smooth as possible and keep the pilots on board. Furloughing would make pilots like myself (28 years old) hate the company for the next 30+ years.>>

I heard this same story back in 01, holds no water. They could care less. I was 28, then got furloughed. My hatred level has gotten better, but I'll never forget.

I must say that I am happy that there is no bashing of regional PILOTS on this post in regards to the 76 seat scope. I am a regional pilot and do not want to be here. I would rather be at a mainline as would most of my coworkers. I want to see growth at the mainline level and leave the regionals behind-that would help all our careers. God I wish I was 28 years old and at a major. Man my timing is terrible. So much for serving my country before I made my run at the airlines. Do us all a favor-hold strong on that 76 seat scope if you can. So there is a light at the end of my long dark tunnel. What the hell is 24 hour call out for reserves? I have been on reserve for almost 7 years here at XJ and am going crazy!

PS I know what it is, I just know that I wish we had it.

Latest resources

Back