• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATTN: AirTran pilots - NPA supports changing Age 60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe the difference is because we have Joe Leonard running things. His days here are numbered, we'll see what happens
once he's gone.

Maybe, but that shouldn't matter. THe union is supposed to be there to make sure the company doesn't get away with anything they want. The management is in total control here and the union is losing at every front. Whether it be negotiations, grievences, SAP, holidays, or whatever, the union always seems to lose. With a weak union like this, I can't believe how anti-ALPA everyone is here.

DA stopped the 2001 TA??? I thought it was the huge NO vote by the membership that stopped that turd.

Can I Have Another Cold One . . .

With a weak union like this, I can't believe how anti-ALPA everyone is here.

Sorry . . . we have found the enemy, and its US ! ! ! Who you are affiliated with does not determine your negotiating strength, any more than it determines how "good" your negotiated contract may be. Bottom line, you don't get get what you deserve, or maybe you do; but you do do get what you can negotiate at the table. And you negotiate based upon the solidarity of individual members of your union . . . be it an independent, ALPA, or Teamsters. And that, my friend is the rub, or the drag that keeps the current union firmly ensconced playing 2nd fiddle. And I see little chance of that changing 'round hear ;) regardless who we choose for our affilitation. Just look at the recent election . . . only 928 of us voted out of 1277 . . . over 25% of us, the enemy, that just doesn't get it. Optimism springs eternal . . .
:beer:

Maybe, but that shouldn't matter. THe union is supposed to be there to make sure the company doesn't get away with anything they want. The management is in total control here and the union is losing at every front. Whether it be negotiations, grievences, SAP, holidays, or whatever, the union always seems to lose. With a weak union like this, I can't believe how anti-ALPA everyone is here.
In a perfect world, you're absolutely right, the union SHOULD be able to keep the company from getting away with the things they do here.

HOWEVER, that's not how unions work in the aviation world any longer. They USED to until sometime in the late 70's and it's gone downhill from there.

I came from an ALPA carrier. We had the same problems we have here. Actually, the disciplinary problems were WORSE. They were SO bad at Pinnacle that we had pilots say "Don't worry about the grievance process, I'm filing a wrongful termination lawsuit" then go on to win HIGH 6-figure (in one case a 7-figure) settlement from the company because the termination was SO BLATANTLY WRONG.

But the company kept doing it anyway because it kept everyone else in fear and in line.

Fly and Grieve, EVERY union tells you that, INCLUDING ALPA.

Simply put, the Railway Labor Act has NO teeth. NO ability to force management to do anything, including honor the contract. Until it does, NO union, not the NPA, not Teamsters, and CERTAINLY not ALPA will be able to change a thing.

Either the RLA has to change or management has to decide to play nice. There ARE no other fixes, no matter how much solidarity you have.

Been there, seen that, have the T-shirts.

It is not the union BOD causing the weakness here chief. Look at the gutless, uninformed, uncaring turds that you fly with. We have so many guys that just don't care or are only looking out for themselves. It is quite pathetic. We could join the international brotherhood of basket makers and still have the same results.

Last edited:
It is not the union BOD causing the weakness here chief. Look at the gutless, uninformed, uncaring turds that you fly with. We have so many guys that just don't care or are only looking out for themselves. It is quite pathetic. We could join the international brotherhood of basket makers and still have the same results.

Truer words have never been spoken!!

And to be honest, I don't see it changing any time soon.

Latest resources

Back