• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATTN: AirTran pilots - NPA supports changing Age 60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just got off the phone with crew planning. Because of my awarded scheduled days on all fall on "red" days, I cannot trade or move one single trip because of insufficient reserves. This is all because of the LOA signed after the holiday scandal. WHat's the point of SAP if you can't trade anything? THe SAP process was one of best things we had. Before the LOA we are able to trade as necessary but now they have all the power. That was a HUGE concession and what did we get in return? FLica? I would rather fax it in and get what I want rather then being refused over and over which never happend before now.

I agree, couldn't get diddly squat in sap because of insuficient reserves. time to send my feelings to ap, this is total bs!!!!!!!!!!!!

AP does not care what you think. Have sent e-mails befor all I ever got back was " Thank You for your e-mail ". Also what do you think about the Special Assessment of $1000 for CPT and $500 for FO for a list intergration battle ?

AP does not care what you think. Have sent e-mails befor all I ever got back was " Thank You for your e-mail ". Also what do you think about the Special Assessment of $1000 for CPT and $500 for FO for a list intergration battle ?
That's not us, that's Midwest who is talking about those assessments.

I also have sent eMails to AP and have not EVER heard anything back, except from the chick who runs the office basically saying, "We got your email".

The new SAP process simply does NOT work,,, I've heard a LOT of complaints from everyone who tries to drop weekends.

The NPA is looking for someone who can deal more directly with Planning on this, but there's only a handful of us who probably have the Excel programming knowledge to understand what the company is doing (they do their INITIAL coverage determination based on an Excel program with a VERY long formula with the daily computation in it and input that final number into FLICA).

I talked with them about it, but I'm afraid to get in the middle of everything until I'm off probation... :(

It is US, at the recurrent lunch it was brought up by the BOD member that was there. They are considering it. The BOD member said Midwest had already made the assessment to thier group.

Yeah, they're *considering* it.

They're also considering spreading that assessment out over a longer period of time, since we already have a half-million dollar contingency fund.

Or lowering the assessment to $50 per month for CA's, $20 per month for F/O's over the next year (total $600 / $240).

Lots of things being considered, all of it premature UNTIL management has a definite YES, we're acquiring Midwest.

Ain't nothing happening until then... so simma down,,, simma down now. ;)

I also have sent eMails to AP and have not EVER heard anything back, except from the chick who runs the office basically saying, "We got your email".

The new SAP process simply does NOT work,,, I've heard a LOT of complaints from everyone who tries to drop weekends.

The NPA is looking for someone who can deal more directly with Planning on this, but there's only a handful of us who probably have the Excel programming knowledge to understand what the company is doing (they do their INITIAL coverage determination based on an Excel program with a VERY long formula with the daily computation in it and input that final number into FLICA).

I talked with them about it, but I'm afraid to get in the middle of everything until I'm off probation... :(

Nope no assesments at Midwest. They actually just got approval from ALPA National to use their excess funds that have been building up over the years. The MEC runs a very tight ship and they are one of only a few who have excess funds. With the amount they have in there, there shouldn't be a need for any assesments. The MEC has talked about increasing the dues to pay for a possible ALPA VS. ALPA merger where they would not be allowed to use those funds.

The SAP2 LOA was a dunder-headed move, and the "Supporting age 60" without polling the membership was about the last straw for me.

DP was not the answer, but a recall may be.

Nope no assesments at Midwest. They actually just got approval from ALPA National to use their excess funds that have been building up over the years. The MEC runs a very tight ship and they are one of only a few who have excess funds. With the amount they have in there, there shouldn't be a need for any assesments. The MEC has talked about increasing the dues to pay for a possible ALPA VS. ALPA merger where they would not be allowed to use those funds.

Well, there they go agian. The BOD at FL spining the truth. We were told that Midwest had already made the assessment, and we needed to raise cash to fight any law suits brought on by Midwest.

The SAP2 LOA was a dunder-headed move, and the "Supporting age 60" without polling the membership was about the last straw for me.

DP was not the answer, but a recall may be.

There is not a lot I agree on with Ty, but this time I do.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back