ATTN: AirTran pilots - NPA supports changing Age 60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

j41driver

Well apparently the NPA would like to see the Age 60 rule changed. I don't remember anyone from the NPA asking me my opinion before they decided to spend my dues to support change. If you're an AirTran pilot that wants to keep Age 60, call or email AP and let him know what you think.

From the 1/24/07 President's Update:

"The BoD meeting last week that was scheduled for a day and a half, turned into a three day BoD meeting. One of the unanimous decisions was to support the Age 60 Rule change. An Age 60 committee has been set up and is chaired by Captain xxxxx xxxx who has been actively involved with the rule change."

I don't remember them putting that to a vote to the members. WTF?

NOTHING here gets put to MEMRAT (Member Ratification) except officer votes and contract ratification.

That's one of the things that, after the Christmas fiasco, the line pilots were grumbling to change.

I support age 65 change, but I'm in the minority in my age demographic, and it certainly surprised me when the latest blast email came out with that.

I too support the change to age 65.
I am rather shocked that this was not put to a vote. This is definitely something the pilot group should vote on.

Funny how this was never mentioned several months ago before the elections. I purposely chose not to vote because I didn't want either one there, but if I would have known he was going to allow this, I would have voted for DP just to keep him out. This is way too political of an issue for the union to endorse without finding out what it's members think. It doesn't matter which side you're on, using non-pac funds for this is absurd. The guy they appointed as the "age 60 chair" is getting ready to retire and is obviously in favor of changing the rule. So, if my dues are going towards this committee, how am I being represented here?

Definately sounds like the good ol' boys club to me. After the holiday DISASTER, I seriously doubt anything would surprise me at this point. The insults from the company were bad enough, but now I'm paying to be insulted? I hope everyone emails the union about this. THe hits just keep coming and coming, at what point are people going to say enough is enough?

It just came out of the blue. I was reading an email the other day and the way it was mentioned was pretty casual. I don't have a dog in this fight right now but over 1000 of our pilots do, so it should have been put to a vote.

I support the rule change. I just sent AP an email saying as much but I also said this should have gone to the pilot group for a vote. I'm just going to fire off emails to the BoD whenever I feel I need to put in my .02.

I just got off the phone with crew planning. Because of my awarded scheduled days on all fall on "red" days, I cannot trade or move one single trip because of insufficient reserves. This is all because of the LOA signed after the holiday scandal. WHat's the point of SAP if you can't trade anything? THe SAP process was one of best things we had. Before the LOA we are able to trade as necessary but now they have all the power. That was a HUGE concession and what did we get in return? FLica? I would rather fax it in and get what I want rather then being refused over and over which never happend before now.

Latest resources

Back