• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATTN: AirTran pilots - NPA supports changing Age 60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This came up recently amongst the P2P group and we were told that the Midwest group had made a comment that "they *COULD* raise a lot of cash with" those specific dollar amounts, NOT that they HAD done it or were absolutely going to.

Again, there are NO plans to do this at AirTran, just *TALK*. Maybe the guy who was there was feeling out the pilot group to see how that kind of assessment would go over.

I personally think it's a rather stupid move unless and until we are definitely in that kind of battle.

Not that I think a "battle" would be a good thing between two pilot groups, but I've already said I honestly believe no middle ground would be achievable on seniority integration and that it would end up in arbitration a la' UAir/AmerWest.

I'm not saying anything on the recall issue... Although I haven't agreed with much that AP has done in the last 90 days, it's always easier to sling mud than come up with honest fixes to issues and you can't please everyone all the time.

I said it during the election - show me a candidate who's a better choice and I'll vote for them.

I don't have a copy of the NPA by-laws, but I would assume that you have a similar process to ALPA where the rank-and-file membership can bring a resolution to a meeting. Perhaps a resolution calling for a vote on this subject would be in order?

I mentioned a few weeks ago that MEMRAT would be a GOOD thing.

Didn't hear too many of my fellow AAI pilots chime in so I didn't mention it again.

The new SAP LOA has brought us full circle back to the begining when everytime you tried to swap or drop the excuse was DENIED--LOW COVERAGE! So SAP II is basically a waste of time now. Is the NPA able to monitor the coverage to make sure the company is pulling any crap with the low coverage excuse?

I was denied a swap from a four day on the 13th for a 3 day on the 11th due to low coverage on the 16th, even though I finish a red eye at 0500 on the 16th. I am not sure what reserves they will need to cover my trip that ends at 5AM.

Would we get the assessment back if everything went smooth with the merger and there were no law suits? (I know it is a long shot that would happen but just wondering)

Last edited:
Don't we already pay an obscene amount of money in dues? Two years into negotiations and Skipper is still there. Anyone remember 2001 and that pos ta he tried to push thru. And they want MORE money. YGTBFK. Damn I need a beer.

Where is our dues money going? I don't feel we are getting represented, we are giving everything away!!!!!!!!! ALPA has not done alot to help me the last few years, HOWEVER, at least you get some excellent Medical/Legal Representation for your dues money!! We need some backbone!!!!!
Something to think about!!!!!!!!!!

Where is our dues money going? I don't feel we are getting represented, we are giving everything away!!!!!!!!! ALPA has not done alot to help me the last few years, HOWEVER, at least you get some excellent Medical/Legal Representation for your dues money!! We need some backbone!!!!!
Something to think about!!!!!!!!!!

I can see how Airtran pilots may be apprehensive about ALPA but anyone who has had to use aeromedical will agree that it is worth the dues dollars itself. Alpa has supported everything that YX pilots have asked for. We have ASAP and FOQA, which is pretty impressive for the size of the membership. By looking at YX Alpa's committee structure you would think that the local was a group of 1000 pilots and not 390.

FL may be different now then when I was there 8 years ago but the difference how each company handles minor pilot blunders is night and day. I flew with one captain at FL a month after he was accused of hitting a wing tip on landing, boy was that fun. Felt like it was take your child to work month and the check airman was my kid. The companies argument/proof was laughable. It wouldn't hold up in red China much less the USA but the hell the company put this poor guy through was unbelievable. Fl seems to point everything at an individual and hide the procedural problems whereas Yx does and great job trying to find out why the problem occurred and what can be done procedurally to make sure it doesn't happen again. I believe the reason behind the difference is ALPA's involvement.

I believe the reason behind the difference is ALPA's involvement.

I believe the difference is because we have Joe Leonard running things. His days here are numbered, we'll see what happens once he's gone.

The SAP2 LOA was a dunder-headed move, and the "Supporting age 60" without polling the membership was about the last straw for me.

DP was not the answer, but a recall may be.

Heyas Ty,

I heard the one person (DA) who could probably lead the pilot group of this mess won't have anything to do with the current board members. He amost single handedly stopped the 2001 TA, and forced a renegotiation of almost the whole deal.

You guys need to get him to clean up the mess. He's got no ego, and has nothing lose by telling it straight.

Good luck....

Nu

Latest resources

Back