Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where are you getting you information?

You wrote:

There is still an overwhelming majority of NJA pilots who want a staple and a flush of all NJI pilots system wide.

I'm a Hawker guy, I have no interest (I've said here repeatedly) in flying the "G".

All I have seen as a benefit to me is that NJI won't be able to pick up our fights during the next contract negotiations.

This has been going on for a long time and you suddenly, after it's done have decided you need to organize?

I'm no big authorty on the rules and ramifications, but I think your "horse has left the barn"?

I thought you guys were by far getting the better of the deal.

We have our share of blow hards, but by and large this is a great group of pilots.

I hope things pan out well for all.

Seems to me your issues are between you and R.S., not NJASAP.

why would that change?....he can't get displaced.

A career NOT in the right seat.

Before: couple years right seat of GV, rest of career in left seat of same plane.

Now: FOREVER in right seat of GV, maybe at age 62 move to left seat.

see the difference flyer?

A career NOT in the right seat.

Before: couple years right seat of GV, rest of career in left seat of same plane.

Now: FOREVER in right seat of GV, maybe at age 62 move to left seat.

see the difference flyer?

there is nothing that says you can't upgade to PIC...i dont understand why an SIC is stuck in the right seat now.

Uh, did anybody notice the gigantic order for Gulfstreams we just put in?

Okay, they're all the bigger G's. Not sure when deliveries begin, but probably won't be too long.

So, can NJA guys bid into anything but the GIV's? Nope. So where are the captains coming from the crew these new planes? How about current NJI folks! Yeah, I can see the current GIV captains upgrading. but that'll open up plenty of captain spots. Sure, we get 1/3 of them, but how many F/O's are there at NJI? I'm guessing most will upgrade before this integration happens. Some may even be lucky enough to go straight to the bigger G's. Currently, not one of our guys can bid into anything but a captain or F/O on the GIV.

Rustyfan, what the heck are you screaming about? Have you read the LOA? In many ways, you folks are getting the better end of the deal. But feel free to organize and change things for the "better".

By the way, is my memory bad, or do I recall that a while back you were one of the few yelling that if we ever integrated and you were forced to join a union that you'd quit instead? I apologize if I've mistaken you for someone else. If not, shouldn't you be looking for the door?;)

I got the email. I agree with rotorhead, we need our own pilots speaking on our behalf during this integration. Enough with the managers already, B.N. and company lied one too many times during recurrent. Otherwise we would have organized two years ago and gotten this whole thing over with then.

Mr. Santulli has stated he has no intentions of keeping the two groups separate; so why not have the pilots hash this out instead of management/the union/Bill Olsen.

I'm not looking at this as "you vs. us". I believe that our group is trying to insure pilots lay the ground work here for the future, and no one else.

Personally, this has a lot of potential in my eyes.

As a pilot with really no home. :)

I think its not a bad thing for a group of NJI pilots (nja crossovers should be included too) should sit down with the union and hash everything out then go to RTS and say here is the package we came up with.

We don't need BO he doesn't speak for us (the pilots)
RTS doesn't speak for us (the pilots)
NJI mgmt doesn't speak for us (the pilots)

I don't agree with everything in the letter but I understand its intent. We need to come together as one group and work this out with pilots looking out for themselves not managment saying they are looking out for whats best for us.

I think the union right now is way preocupied with the elections and the archetect who is supposed to lead the NJI integration took off for managment. Hopefully this will go back to becoming a priority.

I don't think BN or anyone else lied. I just happened to be there (swamp)just after the meeting when BN came in and sat down with just two of us. He was really pissed and was just hiding out for a couple of hours and we heard the whole story. Over all I think we got a pretty good deal so far. And RTS and whoever did OK by us. But it would not hurt if we would find out whats going on before its a done deal. But I have never even been close to a Union so what the heck do I know. I do think as someone else said, the Horse may have left the barn.

Last edited:
Gruman Fan, RTRHD, and anyone else over there on a more even keel the Rusty, I'm just curious. Where do you see the deficiencies in this thing where you'll be hosed? No sarcasm here. All of a sudden, you seem worried. So there must be something specific you're worried about in this integration.

Seniority has ALREADY been merged, and it's D.O.H., no stapling to the bottom of the list. You're protected there.

No NJI pilots will be displaced from their current position (at time of final integration). You're seat protected.

No one on your side will lose your base. You're protected.

No one will take a pay cut. You're pay protected. In fact, some may see a raise.

There are certain benefits you don't currently have that you will gain by operating under or set of rules. In fact, I believe recently RTS has already made some changes on his own to match our contract (hourly O/T and holiday and extended days?).

As I mentioned before, I believe most of your F/O's will upgrade before the integration happens. Unlikely you'll have anyone already on board becoming a career F/O on the G's.

Rusty's rantings about 'our' lawyers working against you are simply demented daydreams. Once the integration is complete, we're ALL one family. There won't be any 'you' and 'us'. You will be part of the union and could probably actually sue if the lawyers targeted one specific demographic in our ranks to hose down (such as Gulfstream pilots). It's called Failure to Represent. As part of the union, you have protections against that sort of thing.

As part of the union, you can volunteer for any committee or position there is. It'd be a great way to help protect 'your' people. You'll be able to run for office too. In fact, with the wealth of experience you have over there, I'm sure there are plenty of elected positions some of you folks could easily win.

I'm sure the union is open to forming a committee that could help address issues specific to the large G fleet.

On the negative side, you'll probably end up on our crew food program.:(

So given everything I've listed, where do you see problems so big that you feel you need to quickly put together a union of your own? In many ways, you're getting the better deal. How much better do you want it?

The vast majority of our guys are happy to see you, even the ones who are getting worse seniority because of the integration (I'm part of that group too, ya know). This paranoia can only end up ruining what is already going to be a good deal for you folks.

By the way, you are ALREADY getting benefits from our union, and you probably don't even realize it. Have you noticed over the years how many more perks we get at hotels these days? Free breakfasts, free internet, free gym passes, free local calls and faxes, and so on and so forth. And all at lower rates than what the average traveler pays. Who do you think got us those bennies? Hint: Not RTS or anyone in management, and the hotels certainly don't line up to give us as much free stuff as they can.
The NJASAP (formerly IBT 1108) travel committee are the ones to thank! We have a great union that does great things for ALL the pilots!!

But again, I'd like to hear YOUR fears, not what Rusty has planted in your minds.

Latest resources

Back