• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RustyFan

TO ALL NJI PILOTS

URGENT:

The time has come for us to organize a leadership team from within. Several of us have been formulating ideas and options over the past several weeks. It is now time for us to speak with a clear and unified voice.

Use every available means of communication we have and put the word out, as we will need signed letters of support for the NMB to recognize our effort and guarantee us a seat at the negotiating table. Time is not on our side, as we have 2 years of idleness to make up for.

Things you need to know:

• There are no NJI line pilots representing your direct interests during this merger. As it stands now, our management will enter into talks with NetJets Senior management (Bill Olsen, who is a former Union Official) and a group from NJASAP to negotiate the integration of the two pilot groups.

• NJASAP has a network of lawyers, financial funds, and developed leadership hierarchies to insure their pilots’ interests are protected. We do not.

• If you do nothing and sit on the sideline, you will be working under the rules and be paid a salary negotiated by parties outside of your influence. Your work life as you know it will change and you will have had no say-so in it.

• There is no guarantee than the NJASAP union will not attempt to flush the NJI pilots out of their aircraft at a later date and time.

• Our FO’s still do not have a clear and defined right to upgrade in Gulfstream Aircraft.

• The LOA is only binding until the next LOA is negotiated (you have no career long guarantee to be seat and pay protected).

• NJASAP leaders are split as to how to integrate NJI pilots. There is still an overwhelming majority of NJA pilots who want a staple and a flush of all NJI pilots system wide.

Contact us at [email protected] if you are ready to stand up and protect your career. Forward this email to all NJI crews, spread the word, the time has come to protect ourselves. We must carefully analyze our options and take the steps to protect our careers for the long run. There is nothing we can do at this time to stop the inevitable merger, but we can and do have the right to engage ourselves into the process to make sure our voices are heard. Do not let the NJA pilots make you think all is lost. We have a strong cadre of ex-airline pilots who know how to fight this current situation and make it fair for us.

• There are no NJI line pilots representing your direct interests during this merger. As it stands now, our management will enter into talks with NetJets Senior management (Bill Olsen, who is a former Union Official) and a group from NJASAP to negotiate the integration of the two pilot groups.

Good thing we have NJA guys that are flying with you...otherwise that would be true.

• NJASAP has a network of lawyers, financial funds, and developed leadership hierarchies to insure their pilots’ interests are protected. We do not.

Yes you do, you are part of njasap now.

• If you do nothing and sit on the sideline, you will be working under the rules and be paid a salary negotiated by parties outside of your influence. Your work life as you know it will change and you will have had no say-so in it.

Once again, this is a single union, You all have the same rights to vote, etc. Just be glad you don't have to pay back dues!!!

• There is no guarantee than the NJASAP union will not attempt to flush the NJI pilots out of their aircraft at a later date and time.

That is only SLIGHTY illegal action to do. It's about as subtle as attemping to run from the cops.

• Our FO’s still do not have a clear and defined right to upgrade in Gulfstream Aircraft.

Seniority???

• The LOA is only binding until the next LOA is negotiated (you have no career long guarantee to be seat and pay protected).

Stop being paranoid, your making US nervous now.

• NJASAP leaders are split as to how to integrate NJI pilots. There is still an overwhelming majority of NJA pilots who want a staple and a flush of all NJI pilots system wide.

Not to sound like a broken record, but wrong again. Thr seniority list is already in place via date of hire. I know you fly Gulfstreams but it would be kinda unfair to just out you all at the top. Even though you all are really nice people.

Contact us at [email protected] if you are ready to stand up and protect your career. Forward this email to all NJI crews, spread the word, the time has come to protect ourselves. We must carefully analyze our options and take the steps to protect our careers for the long run. There is nothing we can do at this time to stop the inevitable merger, but we can and do have the right to engage ourselves into the process to make sure our voices are heard. Do not let the NJA pilots make you think all is lost. We have a strong cadre of ex-airline pilots who know how to fight this current situation and make it fair for us.

Who are you trying to fight here? Sounds like your fighting the very union that is GIVING you the protections you need. Frankly im suprised you guys haven't butt raped by the company already.

The seniority list has been integrated-I know this because I lost 50 numbers to the NJI guys that are ahead of me....

The only fence is the one protecting your seat..

The work rules you are about to receive include- overtime, sick leave, PTO days- to name a few..

You need to read the contract.... But hey, go ahead organize and fight this - lose the protections you have now for your DATE OF HIRE seniority number.. It could be a date of UNION membership seniority number which I prefer...

Dip .........

nokidding...what a jerk. And I thought those NJKI guys were nice too....

Your making ALL the nji guys look bad ya know.

Are you guys intentionally trying to make this an “us against them” situation? Or are you guys going to be constructive and become more involved with NJASAP so we all can be on the same page so both of our interest can be looked after?

Ughhh, what am I missing? Now just for the record again, my younger Bro is NJI. He just got the email above. If management wants the union in, and in on their terms, WHERE THE HE*% IS THE FIGHT? OMG are you kidding? This isn't a fight against management. Who is being forced to do anything? Who is being repressed? IS there a group who is being treated badly or un-fairly? Once again, stupid F*%kin pilots will screw it up for everyone. Can you ever learn to keep your mouth shut? Lets tell everyone how great the money is and the work hours or destinations. Now, how did that workout? Industry get lower wages, more duty rigs and so on. RS got less expensive G pilots. Work rules and so on get better. Get over it. There is give and take on both sides of the deal.

I feel like I'm pointing out the obvious here but:

Every group of people in the world feels like they're "special" in some way. Be it the patriotism of country, or the fans of a local sports team, the human species likes to make groups of US and THEM. I'm sure it evolved over millions of years and helped glue communities together for the common good.

Now, getting to present matters. Obviously there are pilots at NJI that do not feel like part of the NJA "group". There are, I'm sure, many reasons for this. First, I would imagine that they would view themselves to be abit elite.

Before you blow a gasket, I also suspect that most NJAers would agree that flying a GIV or GV around would be preferable to some Ultra or Bravo.

NJI has historically been the more desirable company to get on with. And that reflected in NJIs hiring standards which, until very recently, have always been much more competitive than NJA.

Many of the guys shooting off their mouths here from NJA would never have got hired at NJI. They didn't have the experience.

From a NJI pilots point of view they are being taken over by an outside group that is directly threatening their job security. Look at the 2 year GV FO who before was looking at a career flying Gulfstreams. He never had to even think about some Citation or other less desirable aircraft. Now that has changed.

Look at the senior Ultra Captain or even Falcon Captain. He now has Gulfstreams on his horizon.

Right or wrong, these are two different groups. In order to get the groups together then mutual benefits need to be found for each. Otherwise it's just going to be an "us" vs. "them" scenario.

Maybe the shear size of NJA will overwhelm NJI interests, but that would be a shame in my opinion.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back