Attention All Nji Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reminds me of the old joke:

Woman on phone at Hotel: "There's a naked pilot running around on the third floor!"

Front Desk: "Ma'am, if he's naked how do you know he's a pilot?"

Woman: "He's got a pot belly, balding and he just took my USAToday!"

I though the line went, "He's got a big watch, a small (male appendage), and he just took my USAToday"

or maybe that is just what the lady said about me....... DOOH:laugh:

I think the biggest thing that the pilots want to have at NJI is a voice at the table. While the union, NJA mgmt, and NJI mgmt are all working to a goal their goals are all different and the voices of the NJI pilots are not really heard.

With the lack of communication from all sides this is a natural reaction to the situation.

I could be wrong but anyone who tells me they are looking out for my best interests makes me nervous.

Reminds me of the old joke:

Woman on phone at Hotel: "There's a naked pilot running around on the third floor!"

Front Desk: "Ma'am, if he's naked how do you know he's a pilot?"

Woman: "He's got a pot belly, balding and he just took my USAToday!"

I can't believe I have not heard that one yet......hilarious!

Here's an idea. Shut the rumor mill down. Enough with anonymous emails spreading FUD. Any NJI pilot wanting information can email the NJASAP EBoard directly at [email protected] . Direct questions-direct answers. The door has always been open. Spread the word. Communication is a two way street. I would suggest opening the dialogue now. The elections will be finished by noon this Friday and the 9 member EBoard will be in place.

There is no reason NJI crewmembers should not be included in the discussions. As far as I know, the intent of NJASAP is to do exactly that. It would be foolish to exclude them.

This can be as easy or as difficult as we ALL make it.

Feel free to pm me.

Could anyone tell me, what is the election about?

What is the NJASAP Eboard and what is its purpose?

Thanks

Could anyone tell me, what is the election about?

What is the NJASAP Eboard and what is its purpose?

You bet: the Executive Board is the elected leadership of the union (President, VPs, and so forth). These votes happen periodically, and the term of each office are normally 3 years. For this first election, some terms will be shorter in order to stagger the dates for future elections.

When we voted to separate from the Teamsters, that vote also elected a board of interim officers to oversee the union for a period of no more than six months, until a formal officer election could take place. During that period, the interim board can't make any significant policy changes, so we'll be able to do a lot more once this election is over. 26 hours to go!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back