Atlas Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From Atlasair.com:

Atlas Air does not currently have any open flight crew positions and is not accepting resumes.

From Polaraircargo.com:

Polar Air does not currently have any open flight crew positions and is not accepting resumes.

:erm:

For the Atlas pilots out there, I realize that the 200s are being phased out gradually, but what is the lifestyle/schedule like on the Classics vs. the 400 nowadays? Do all pilots still fly roughly 14-17 days in a row away from home or can you get blocks of days at home in between longer trips (i.e., 7 days on, 3-4 days off, etc.)? Should you just plan to be gone for a few weeks in a row every month or is there some variety in schedules?

Just trying to understand the lifestyle implications for newbie Atlas pilots when hiring begins down the road.

From Atlasair.com:

Atlas Air does not currently have any open flight crew positions and is not accepting resumes.

From Polaraircargo.com:

Polar Air does not currently have any open flight crew positions and is not accepting resumes.

:erm:

FWIW: Personal friend of Polar CP told me Polar will resume hiring in about 8 months

Hi!

Theoretically, you can get two blocks in a row, and so end up on the road for 30+ days in a row.

cliff
NBO

For the Atlas pilots out there, I realize that the 200s are being phased out gradually, but what is the lifestyle/schedule like on the Classics vs. the 400 nowadays? Do all pilots still fly roughly 14-17 days in a row away from home or can you get blocks of days at home in between longer trips (i.e., 7 days on, 3-4 days off, etc.)? Should you just plan to be gone for a few weeks in a row every month or is there some variety in schedules?

Just trying to understand the lifestyle implications for newbie Atlas pilots when hiring begins down the road.

The Classic up until Q4 was quite slow. There is definitely an uptick for the -200. STN has been closed so 17 days in a row is not the "majority" although it definitely still happens. Changes are under way at Atlas so we can revisit these questions probably by spring to get a more accurate picture to what is going on. We have 39 furloughees still out, I hope recalls are in their future soon. It'll be great if we see any hiring in 2010.

There are persistent rumors of a light twin in Atlas's future. Polar hiring, only to replace some leaving. No growth at Polar, six planes is it.

I would have your resume up to date. word is we(polar) will add 2 more 400`s to take us to 8. 10 captain upgrades starting after new year. you could see the resume window open here soon. hope it helps..

What is the status of the Atlas/Polar world as pertains to hiring? A while back I think I remember that it was to be all one pool with the coming merger. Is that the case or are there still two separate pilot groups?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back